131-132

Chapter 131 Qi Zheng 

A cold wind blew, white flags were flying, and the Liu Mansion was filled with sadness. The soldiers and servants coming and going were all dressed in white and linen mourning clothes.

In the small flower hall, Xiao Jiyue changed out of her usual red clothes and wore a white brocade dress embroidered with cloud patterns. Her hair was gently pulled up and a hollow-carved auspicious cloud-shaped white hosta was inserted, making her look even more fairy-like. For a moment, it seems as if it is going to fly away with the wind at any moment and become immortal.

Sitting opposite her was a middle-aged man with an elegant face but a tall build, also wearing a white robe.

This man was Qi Zheng, the deputy envoy of the Guangzhou Army, Shangfeng of Chai Wu.

Xiao Jiyue slipped her fingers on the edge of the tea cup and said with a smile: "I didn't inform Deputy Envoy Qi before, so I dealt with Chai Wu directly. The matter is urgent, so please don't take offense, Deputy Envoy."

Qi Zheng was silent for a while, feeling sad. Said: "It's too late for me to thank Miss Seven. He made such a big mistake. If Miss Seven hadn't stopped him in time, the consequences would have been unimaginable. I should be the one to thank Miss Seven on behalf of the people of Guangzhou." Xiao Jiyue

: "He is a subordinate of Deputy Envoy Qi. The Deputy Envoy has never noticed any signs before? Is this the responsibility of oversight?"

Qi Zheng lowered his eyes and stared at the tea cup Xiao Jiyue's fingers slid over, thinking in his heart, this Are you preparing to settle accounts after autumn?

His fingers on his leg moved slightly to the side and touched the slender and hard handle. It was the dagger tied to his leg. He didn't know if the other party really made a move, what could he do? Escape with some confidence.

Xiao Jiyue glanced at his fingertips vaguely, picked up the teacup and took a sip.

Qi Zheng was startled by that look. He almost thought that the other party had seen through his hidden weapon, and his fingers curled up unconsciously.

He quickly replied: "Chai Wu has always been valued by the governor, and he doesn't take me seriously on weekdays. It's not easy for me to interfere with his affairs because of the reputation of the governor. If it weren't for He had a close relationship with Governor Liu, so how could he instigate rebellion and get the guards of the Liu Mansion? How could his soldiers enter the Liu Mansion openly and openly? All of this shows that he was more powerful than Governor Liu in front of him. I need to be reused more."

"He has never informed me about the transfer of his soldiers. This time his crime revealed the murder of Shangguan, and I was indeed unaware of it. Of course, the responsibility for the oversight is still there. I have to bear the responsibility. After all, he is still my subordinate in name, but I am really not involved. Miss Qi has to believe me on this point." 

"Although my bones are not as good as those of the young guys, I am not as good as those of my subordinates. My kung fu is still very strong. If Miss Seven doesn't dislike it, I can still serve her for a few more years. I may not be as brave as Chai Wu in fighting, but I am good at training. The quality of Guangzhou's soldiers is among the best in the entire Huainan."

"If Miss has a better candidate to lead the Guangzhou Army, I can abdicate in favor of someone more talented. I heard that Miss has just received a group of guards recently. I can train these guards for Miss, and they should be of some use."

Qi Zheng said After that, the flower hall fell into a strange silence.

Xiao Jiyue stared at the white flags fluttering in the yard with distant eyes.