39-40

Chapter 39 Academy

Before Meng Zeshen could react, the long-bearded old man sitting opposite him was startled, his pupils slightly dilated, and he asked: "Daughter? Do you have a daughter?"

Meng Zeshen took the portion of tea in his hand. He poured a cup for the long-bearded old man across from him and said calmly, "No." After saying that, he glanced at Han Zhu with a cold look.

Han Zhu could not help but tremble, and changed his words again and again: "No? Not the young master's daughter. She is a girl that the young master met in Puzhou, and she insisted on recognizing my young master as her father. Now she has chased her to Yuzhou."

He picked up the severed piece of clothing and showed it to the two of them: "I met her at the door of Huiyuan Building. She grabbed my clothes and wouldn't let me leave. She asked me to take her to find the young master. I couldn't help it, just cut off the hem of his clothes and ran away."

The old man with a long beard said in surprise: "How old is such a tough little girl?"

Hanzhu pursed his lips, looked sad, raised his hand and measured the position on his chest: "Here, I don't know exactly how old she is, maybe eight or nine years old."

The old man with a long beard shook the paper fan in his hand and laughed: "I didn't see the girl chasing you to take responsibility, but you came to recognize my father first. It's interesting, interesting."

Meng Zeshen took a sip of tea, looked at Han Zhu, and said: "You were tricked by her again. She must have seen you and just went to tease you. If you keep doing this, I should consider sending you away. Go back to Shuobei."

Han Zhu quickly begged his master for mercy, saying that he would never give up when he meets that girl next time.

Meng Zeshen reached out and took away the two scroll paintings from his arms, and waved his hand to let him out.

At Chang Shi's Mansion, in the evening, Liang Sheng asked the little maid to come over and deliver the news. His uncle Lei Qing was inconvenient today and had to wait until tomorrow to go over and ask for a greeting.

Yunliu and others can only wait one more day.

The main reason why Liang Sheng failed to get a greeting card was that Lei Qing went to the Flower House after an argument with Song Wan'er yesterday. In the flower house, I drowned my sorrows in wine all night, and finally passed out drunk. It wasn't until this afternoon that the people sent by Mrs. Lei found it and brought it back.

The house was calm that night, and neither Lei Qian'er nor Lei Sheng made any noise, and they came to trouble Lian Yu.

The sweet-scented osmanthus in Xinziyuan is still so fragrant, and Lian Yu falls into a sweet sleep in this fragrance.

On the second day, thin wisps of rain fell from the sky, and a hazy layer of white mist seemed to rise above the green trees in the courtyard, and the flowers and leaves could no longer be seen clearly.

Liang Sheng was nowhere to be seen throughout the morning.

After lunch, the rain gradually picked up, knocking off the red maple leaves, knocking off the golden osmanthus flowers, and soaking the soil under the trees.

A unique smell mixed with the fragrance of osmanthus and the earthy smell of earth rose in the yard.

Lian Yu's nose moved and she took a deep breath. She liked this smell. This real and original smell, which has not been replaced by excessive technology, is so fresh and lively. , belongs to human beings, and belongs to the natural taste of all things in the world.