119-120

Chapter 119 Qin Shilian

Zhou Dynasty set up supervisory armies in various places in order to strengthen their control over the vassal towns and were served by eunuchs . This system strengthened the connection between the imperial court and the vassal towns, but it also caused many problems.

It often happened that the supervisory army and the guarding general were at odds with each other and fought for power and gain.

What's more, the eunuchs who supervise the army, for the sake of wealth and power, sow discord and frame Zhongliang. Many good military generals died at the hands of the supervising army.

It is common for the generals who guard the vassal to regard the eunuchs as traitors and sycophants, and rise up to kill them, especially now that the imperial power is declining.

Qin Shilian, the supervisor of the Huainan army, was an exception. After arriving in Jiangdu ten years ago, he closed his doors and lived in seclusion in the bustling city, not caring about military and political affairs.

At first, Xiao Fucheng tentatively went to him to discuss military affairs, but every time he got the answer, "It's OK for Xiao Jieshuai to make the decision. Our family doesn't understand this either." Don't you understand?

Any eunuch who said he didn't understand would be believed, but no one would believe Qin Shilian if he said he didn't understand.

Qin Shilian was born in the Zhongyi Hou Mansion. The Zhongyi Hou Mansion was established in martial arts and became famous generals for generations. The boys in the family had to practice martial arts and memorize military books since they were young. When they grew up, they devoted themselves to the military to protect their families and the country.

Twenty years ago, Qin Shilian's second uncle Qin Zhen led an army and was defeated by the Rong tribe in the west. One hundred thousand troops buried their bones in the yellow sand, but he himself was captured by the Rong tribe.

Later, news came that he surrendered to the Rong tribe and married a Rong princess as his wife.

At that time, the late emperor passed away and the new emperor ascended the throne. The Zhongyi Hou Mansion was on the wrong side again in the battle to seize the throne.

After the new dynasty was stabilized, Qin Zhen's affairs were again made a fuss by those who were interested.

The new emperor took the opportunity to accuse Zhongyi Hou of treason and sentenced him to death.

Because Qin Shilian was young, under ten years old, he escaped death and became a slave in the palace.

Ten years ago, the 18-year-old Qin Shilian got the lucrative position of Huainan Supervisory Army by some unknown means, left the palace and went to Huainan.

It has been nine years since the red walls and gold tiles went in and out.

The noble son of an aristocratic family who was in decline back then has become a powerful official in purple robes.

Xiao Fucheng still remembers the first time he saw him?

On a warm spring day, in the pavilion and waterside pavilion, he is dressed in a purple eunuch's uniform, with his back as straight as a green pine, graceful and graceful, and his appearance is well-groomed. He is a son of a noble family, but he is actually a eunuch.

Anyone who sees this can't help but sigh in their hearts, what a pity, what a pity.

If it hadn't been for that disaster, he would have been another young general with a silver saddle and a white horse and red sleeves.