117-118

Chapter 117 Birthday Banquet

Although it has arrived in autumn, the garden of Xiao Mansion is still full of colorful flowers, no less beautiful than the spring scenery.

Among the flowers, a little boy in blue clothes was walking among them, holding five or six newly picked flowers in his hand. He stopped under a bougainvillea tree and seemed to be carefully selecting.

Xiao Jiyue walked over and asked softly: "Which one do you want?"

The little boy jumped back like a frightened little rabbit, looked at Xiao Jiyue in panic, and called out timidly: "Seventh sister."

"What's the matter, is Seventh Sister scary?" Xiao Jiyue smiled as softly as water.

"No, no, it's... A Yuan was looking at the flowers and he was distracted." Xiao Jiyuan defended in a low voice.

Xiao Jiyue moved a step, stood where she was just now, looked up for a while, reached out and opened one of the most lively ones, and handed it to Xiao Jiyuan.

Xiao Jiyuan paused, then timidly stretched out his little hand to take it.

Xiao Jiyue said with a smile: "Why are you so cowardly? I am not the fourth sister, and I don't bully children."

"My aunt said that you are better than the fourth sister, so I can't make you angry." Xiao Jiyuan suddenly realized that he had let something slip. He quickly made up for it, "No, no, it's... my aunt said you are the legitimate lady."

He was so nervous that tears were about to flow out.

Xiao Jiyue chuckled and said comfortingly: "No need to explain, I'm not angry with you, just come with me for a walk."

Xiao Jiyuan looked at the two maids behind her and hesitated.

Seeing his dilemma, Xiao Jiyue smiled and waved her hand, asking the two maids to wait at the garden gate, while she led Xiao Jiyuan to the pavilion and sat down.

She asked with a smile: "Don't you need to study and practice kung fu at this time? Why are you here picking flowers in the garden?" 

"I have a day off today, so I don't have to go to class."

"Then do you prefer reading or practicing kung fu?"

Xiao Jiyuan's brows twisted back and forth. He said, "I won't even like it."

"Huh?"

"I'm stupid, I'm not good at reading, and I'm not good at practicing Kung Fu." He said and lowered his head in despair.

"Then what do you like?"

"I like flower arranging, cricket fighting, and cockfighting."

Xiao Jiyue laughed: "Oh, it turns out you like to be a dandy. You are very ambitious? Well."

Xiao Jiyuan blushed and wanted to refute and couldn't find a reason to refute it. Thinking about it again, I didn't have the courage to refute it.

Xiao Jiyue stood up, rubbed the top of his head and said, "Go back." Then she left, taking away the flowers Xiao Jiyuan had picked.

Xiao Jiyuan looked at the flash of red disappearing among the green branches, grabbed the bougainvillea in his hand, immediately turned around and slipped out of the small door on the other side, walking through a sparsely populated path towards him. I ran into my aunt's yard.

I thought to myself, my aunt is right, I can't go out to play casually in the future.

Ever since Du Qishu bumped into Xiao Jiyue in the Xiao Mansion, he couldn't hold back the fluctuation in his heart, and Xiao Jiling's warning had no effect at all.