169-170

Chapter 169 Yangtze River Waterway

"So we killed that bitch Zheng Rong and came back by ourselves." Lao Huang drank two more glasses of wine. He was still drunk, and under the inducement of Xiao Jiyue's caring words, he was filled with resentment. , poured out all at once.

Only then did Xiao Jiyue realize why they attacked the city but did not occupy it and manage it, but instead headed north regardless.

They want to go home, bring back their living brothers, and bring back the bones of their dead brothers, and bury them in their hometown, fulfilling their dream of returning to their roots.

Xiao Jiyue drank all the wine in the cup and put the cup forward. Lao Huang immediately picked up the wine jar and poured wine for her. He couldn't help but praise: "Little girl, it's so refreshing!"

His body was slightly tilted towards Xiao Jiyue as he was pouring wine. Xiao Jiyue raised her left hand with a smile and suddenly hit him on the back of his neck. She stretched out her right hand to catch the falling wine jar and put it back on the table. Old Huang was already limp. Lying down on the table.

Chen Qi immediately stood up, pulled out the long knife on his body, pointed it at her, and shouted angrily: "What are you going to do?"

Xiao Jiyue innocently spread her hands and said with a smile: "I just want to talk to Brother Chen about cooperation. The fewer people who know about such a secret matter, the better."

She put two fingers against the tip of Senhan's knife in front of her, pushed it to the side, and said, "If I was really malicious, I wouldn't just knock Brother Huang out. Brother Chen would also put the knife down. Let's keep talking."

Chen Qi glared at her, sheathed his sword, then helped Old Huang who fainted, walked to the door, opened the curtain, called for a soldier, handed Old Huang to the soldier, and ordered: "Vice General Huang If he gets drunk, send him back to his tent."

"Yes?, General."

Xiao Jiyue sat in the tent and did not move, but her ears had already been out, listening to their conversation and the surrounding movements.

Not long after, Chen Qi opened the curtain and entered. He glanced at Xiao Jiyue who was sitting on the seat and did not move. Then he walked towards the other side of the fire, touched a small bench and sat down. He said solemnly through the flames: "Ms. Xiao, if you have anything to say, just say it."

"You just came from the south. You may not know that there is a war going on in Hebei Province. Hedong, Henan, and Liaodong. The imperial court has assembled three forces to besiege Hebei. You can't go back to Qingzhou for the time being. Even if you go back, your men These brothers just died in vain." Xiao Jiyue said sternly.

"Now most of the troops in Henan Province are concentrated to fight in the north, and the interior is empty. You can take a detour to capture the northern part of Jiangnan Road and the southern part of Henan Road, occupy the Yangtze River waterway, and slowly move north. When the war in Hebei comes to an end, what will you do? go back."

Chen Qi asked: "What is cooperation?"

Xiao Jiyue smiled and said, "How about you help me occupy the Yangtze River waterway for six months and I will give you ten thousand shi of food?"

Chen Qi stared into Xiao Jiyue's eyes and said slowly: "Last year, the taxes in Huainan were lost. Was it yourselves?"

"No?" Xiao Jiyue replied with a smile, "How about cooperation? I only went on this trip because of my friendship with Brother Chen. If it had been anyone else, our Huainan army would have been there long ago. Just call me?"