137-138

Chapter 137: Ship Robbery

Dongfang? The sky is white? Xiao Jiyue and Xiao Que have arrived at a wild ferry on the bank of the Yangtze River.

It was still early, and there were no boats or people at the ferry. There were only a few water birds parked on the wooden piles on the shore, and they occasionally made a few unpleasant "squeaking" sounds toward the river.

The two dismounted their horses in advance, tied their horses deep in the forest, lit three branches next to the ferry, and the three burning flames were ejected in the air at the vertex of a triangle.

Not long after the signal was sent out, a sailboat sailed over on the gray river.

When the boat got close to the shore, Xiao Jiyue and the others immediately jumped on it.

The boat did not stop, but immediately turned around and headed upstream along the Yangtze River. Instead, it quickly disappeared on the vast river surface.

Everyone on the boat was all dressed in black, and they said respectfully, "Miss."

Xiao Jiyue nodded and went directly into the cabin, where she changed into the same outfit.

After coming out, she came to a cabin at the stern of the ship. The table was already full of food. Xiao Jiyue sat down and while eating, she asked: "How is the situation? When will the fleet arrive at Hengshui Bay?"

The short subordinate reported: "Miss, everything goes well. The wind on the river has been smooth these past few days. Today, the water transport fleet will arrive at Hengshui Bay at night, half a day earlier than predicted." "Well, the time is just right. "Xiao Jiyue asked again, "Slide the ship into the narrow channel and hide it, and wait until nightfall to start directly."

"Yes." The short subordinate bowed and took a few steps back before turning around and leaving the cabin.

Xiao Jiyue continued to eat. When the dishes on the table were empty, they immediately replaced them with new ones. The stove in the kitchen never stopped. If someone had doubts, they didn't dare to ask more questions.

Even if the lady poured food into the river to feed the fish, they would not be able to interfere with her.

By the afternoon, the boat had entered Hengshui Bay. The river here is wide and the water is slow. Although it faces mountains on both sides, one side is steep and full of caves and jagged rocks. The other side has a gentle terrain. It takes dozens of feet to reach the shore before it rises. Peak.

After the meal, Xiao Jiyue returned to her cabin and took a nap. She didn't wake up until the light was almost gone and the misty night spread over the river.

I got up and came to the deck, and listened. There was only the sound of water on the river. The fleet had not arrived yet, and there were no other ships traveling with it.

Maybe the channel has been cleared in advance. Water transportation to Yunjing to transport taxes is a top priority. In addition, the world is in chaos today. In order to prevent accidents, the channel will be cleared some time in advance.

There are many caves on this side of Hengshui Bay, making it the easiest place to hide. Moreover, their boats are small and they arrive early.

For more than twenty years, there has been no accident here. When the fleet passes here, the precautions are relatively lax, and the clearing ships will not pay too much attention to these corners and crevices.

The moon was rising, and the sound of a big ship breaking through the water could be heard on the river.

Half an hour later, seven five-masted giant ships came slowly. The lights on the ships were bright, and they were connected front and back. In the dark night, they looked like a swimming dragon slowly coming from the river.