Part-1. Matters of Family

People usually fail to understand each other, whom to trust, whom to befriend, who is well wisher and who is back stabber. This is not quite difficult though if one starts observing people. Trust but don't put blind faith. For some slow learner it takes time.. Some are wise enough to figure out it in a few minutes.  

Shanaya, popular, pampered and loved girl of her surroundings was quite reserved girl and did lot of mind- talking with herself. She was honest and believed the people to be the same. She knew she was favorite of her teachers, her friends' circle and her juniors as well. Her innocence and lovely face made her wanted among the guys. Her sweet nature had made her to be known by the people who were unknown to her. Many of them wanted to be in her shoes. But was she the one who ever wanted to be in her own shoes? May be or May be not!!

There were incidences when she or someone in the family would find some mysterious greeting cards in her name. Thankfully, she never had any stalker. Sometimes, her mother and sisters used to blame her that she encourages such behaviors. Little did she know about the people. She hardly remembered the name of all the students in her class for god's sake. How was she supposed to know some stupid fella sending cards to her or leaving roses at her desk in the school. All of this, she had opted to ignore.

She was happy when she was outside of her own home, rather her house. She always wanted to reach home late, spend her time outside, even if it meant being alone. Though she had two sisters, being the eldest, she always had trust issues within her own family. Strange but true!!

She had always wanted a confidant for herself. The one who would be solely hers, the one with whom she could share anything in the world knowing that her small stupid secrets would be safe from the world. She knew inside that she was crazy but this was her wish. She was a perfect example for everything, be in school or in the home. But she never wanted this. She wanted to do all the crazy things that her heart wanted her to do. How much she wanted to behave in an unladylike way. For example, teasing and irritating guys, trying to get down the terrace without using stairs, sitting like boys, scream like a maniac, fight on stupid things, trying the adventurous sports, being out late night without any fear or worry in the world, waking up whole night so that she could sleep her morning and so on... Her list of small wishes was never ending. She wanted to be a butterfly, even if the life span was shorter for it. She wanted freedom, be carefree, right from her childhood. Hell, she wanted to be the bad girl if that is what it meant!!

Then why was she so simple, moving around setting good examples for others and unknowingly creating problems for others? She loved her dad dearly whom she believed to dislike her. She could never trust her mother knowing that at the end of the day, whatever she would tell her mother will go to her dad ultimately. Though she loved this thing about her parents as a couple that they shared everything with each other, good or bad did not matter. Her dad always wanted her to be perfect, doing things which would be appreciated by others. There had been many instances where she forced herself to believe that she was not their own kid. They wanted her to be perfect and all rounder rather than happy. Right! Sounds hilarious but true!!

There were situations when the mistakes would be done by her younger sister, Alvira, the more notorious one but at the end, she would be the one standing like the culprit and getting the punishment for the mistakes she did not do. She believed that her mother knew most of the times who was the real culprit but she never shared that with her dad. She also remembered that she was beaten like hell for her age just because she could not write the letter "K" perfectly as a kid while learning and her mother and sisters were just watching her. This incidence was something that she could never forget. Unfortunately, she recalled it every time when her dad got angry on younger ones and her mother had always stepped in to save them and to fight for them, especially for Alvira. "She is weak" she used to say every time she defended her. Shanaya even tried confiding Alvira, but she turned out be more vicious. She would not only use her weak points but also report everything to their mother with additional information unknown to Shanaya.