Part 23: Insecurity?

A little of jealousy, possessiveness and feeling of insecurity in the starting might take you a long way in the relationship.

Oh my! Who was this girl? Anika??? Shanaya almost had forgotten everything from her last night.

If she was this beautiful, she had no chance at all!! 

What?? 

What chance?? Shanaya was confused at her own thoughts! But yes, she was.. Anika was beautiful, tall, fair, slim, a model figure. And her voice too was good. And then she heard the name which she thought they were gossiping about.. Rudra.

It took a fragment of seconds to compose herself. She was embarrassed that she would have given away lots of expressions.

"This is Anika. Rudra's classmate." Natey introduced her.

"Hi! I am Shanaya. Nice meeting you." She extended her hands to Anika.

"Hi Shanaya. Did you also know about me?" Anika asked smiling at her.

"No. I am sorry I was not aware of you. Did they all know?" Wow!! She lied smoothly right at her face. But she could not let everyone know about her and Rudra's small chit chat every night. Not that they had no idea especially having a daily newspaper as her own roommate.

"Oh no! It's just Natasha. She knew. I guess one of my old friends informed her. You had a date?" She smiled smugly at her.

"No. it was just an outing with three friends." She used a little force for last two words.

"Oh okay. Please join us." And with that she made her sit among the others.

They all talked and laughed. It was very rare for Shanaya to indulge in gossiping when she could do much better with her time. All the gossips were related to either Rudra, or some other guy or someone's personal life. A few comments were thrown at her as well indirectly but she had chosen to smile and ignore and play dumb.

During dinner, Anika sat with Shanaya and Natey and had asked Shanaya to stay for a bit longer for chit chatting.

Shanaya did not understand what Anika would want to talk about.

"So you and Rudra....?" That was Anika's first question.

Shanaya just raised her eyebrow in question. Her personal life was not for gossiping and it was not like that there was something between them. But as for Anika, she was too forward and over- confident in asking any such thing and expecting answers as well. Seriously??

"Oh I am sorry. You don't understand the things on your own. You know, I had a friend. People used to make fun of her in front of her but she never understood."

"There are different categories of people. Some might not understand and some chose to ignore as those petty things are not worthy of their time and energy."

Anika watched her for some time and then asked about her boyfriend.

"I don't have and don't need a boyfriend."

"Every girl needs a boyfriend."

"Why?"

"For various things. They are like support to you."

"I am getting the financial support from my parents if that is what a girl need from a boy. Apart from that, I think I am self sufficient. I don't need protection to go around or someone to bear my expenses."

"How about Rudra?"

"What about him?"

"Are you not interested in him?"