Part 12:- To meet or Not to...

Anticipation makes pleasure more intense!

                                                                  Iris Johansen

On her way she was anticipating and feeling difficulty in breathing. All of a sudden she had started feeling that Rudra will be there. Somehow, her heart was telling her that she would be spending her time with him. But then her brain told her that there would be others as well so she needs not get anxious. Instead hope that all of them should be there. And she felt a little relaxed. Just a little.

She did not even realize that they had reached. Mike was at the entrance to receive them and Rudra was not even in sight. Shanaya was relieved but a part of her was disappointed as well. But still she was happy that she won't feel uncomfortable. Then she observed that not only Rudra, none other were visible except Mike. Very soon a ray of hope was there that she still might see him. Very confused at her own thinking whether she wanted to see him or not. She decided to ignore it and go along the situation since there was a tug of war going between her sane brain which did not want to see him and her stupid heart which was doing all kind of happy dance it could, just by the thought of seeing him and to have him next to her.

"Hello Darling!! Where are others?" Natasha said in an animatedly sing song way.

"Am I not enough for you that you are looking for others?" Mike teased her avoiding her hug. He was a shy type guy, he avoided any kind of public display of affection. Being seen with a girl was more than enough for him. It was Natasha who would force him to meet and accept her PDAs.

"Hi Shanaya! How are you?" He asked her politely, making sure that she does not feel out of place.

Shanaya, who was doing her best to avoid the scene in front of her, just smiled and reverted back. She understood his situation very well.

"Most of them won't be able to make it since ours was the last moment plan. I hope it is fine with you."

What?? Shanaya was taken aback by the revelation. She was hoping for others to present at least. Now if only they three were there then she would definitely like to go back. Not only her, even Natasha would hate to have her as the third wheel. After all they would need privacy. She looked at Natasha who was not very happy now.

"What do you mean? Are we only three then?" She asked, miserably failing in attempt to keep calm.

"No, one more is there. Let's go inside." He said sheepishly and turned around without waiting for any response or question from any of them.

Even before they could reach the mystery person who was going to give her the company, her eyes found what her heart wanted to see. The very first person she saw was none other than the face that she had been avoiding so badly. She mentally face palmed. All her attempts were wasted and there he stood looking all magnificent and godly in black with clean shave.

She reacted as if she did not see him and kept searching for other faces but her heart was betraying her. Not only was it beating like a hammer, it also made her breathe with difficulty. She closed her eyes to regain her self-composure and trying to think that she might be having illusion since she was thinking hardly about him.

As soon as they went nearer, his smile was in its most dangerous form as if he was ready to kill someone just with his looks. God help her!!

"Hello Rudra! How are you?" Natasha asked displaying her flirty smile.

"Hi Natasha." Though he was talking to her but his eyes were rested on the face that had not only avoided him but still doing the same.

Shanaya felt his eyes but decided not to react till Natasha elbowed her. She knew that her behavior was irrational and rude. And her manners did not allow her to behave like that in public place. So she put all her efforts and smiled at him.

"Hi"

"Hello. How are you doing?" Rudra was pleased beyond limit. He had chosen the place well. He knew that she would be forced to talk to him. Though he did not want to take anyone's help but this would not have been possible without Mike's help and he trusted him most. He knew that he would not only keep the secret of his fondness of Shanaya but would also trick Natasha in helping him.

"I am fine, thank you. How about you?" She tried hard to hide her blush but failed.

"Oh! I am great! As always and much better than earlier." He answered smirking at her. His eyes conveying the messages that she could not decipher but his intense gaze sent a shiver to her spine.

"Okay, lots of pleasantries exchanged, and you would get much more time for this but can I leave with Mike please? I would like to have some time with him." Natasha interrupted them and flashed her smile, fluttering her eyelashes.

Shanaya looked at her shocked and tried to hold her hands so that she would not leave.

"Oh sure! Have nice time." He answered before Shanaya could utter any word. He had already seen her gesture of stopping Natasha which had hurt him but still he managed to speak as if he did not see and then he set his eyes on her and said:

"I hope it is fine with you to let them have a private time."

Even before she could answer, Natasha had started leaving trying her best to get herself out of Shanaya's clutches. But then she came back and whispered in her ears:

"Please don't be angry but I really want to have some privacy with my boyfriend. But I will be here only, in case if you need me. But please try not to disturb us. I know you don't like Rudra but please put up with him for a while. For me... please please please..."

"Wow! What a friend she had" thought Shanaya with sarcasm but then she had no other go. She smiled at her and agreed. At the bottom of her heart she knew that what Natey had said was partially correct. She knew what had happened at the book store. May be she did not want the repeat of the same... May be she was excited for the same and the worst hoping for more... She was at battle inside but was happy for her friend. This was the least she could do. And she did. She let Natasha go with Mike.

________________________________________________________________________

Hello dear anticipated Readers!!

I hope you all enjoyed your new year eve.. Me too!!

I wish you all a very happy and successful year ahead. Rock it baby!!!

Thanks to all your voting and looking forward for some comments as well..