Part 18

Rudra brought the ice cream she had asked for and stood with the group making sure that she was standing just opposite to him. The day had been going great so far. It was filled with amusement for him, Shanaya's innocent face and awesome expressions so far made his day. Though he liked her fighting spirit as well.

It was him who had asked his friends to call Natasha and ask Shanaya to join them, indirectly of course. He wanted to see her, yes, though he did not want to admit but yes. And it was great this way. He would be in control in front of everyone. It would also give him the time to make her feel comfortable with him though her uneasiness amused him to great extent. But as he could clearly see, this was confusing her more, his changed behavior apparently. He had to try harder to suppress his laughter seeing the expressions on her face. Sometimes, she was confused, sometimes it appeared that she wanted to say something but nothing came out, she also looked guilty when he admitted that he had least idea on how to converse with a girl. Yes, it was her so called friend who had slipped that piece of info to Mike and him. It was not the truth and had hurt him. He had his charming ways with other girls but with her it was different. He could not see her talking to any other guys in her class. She was so naive that most of the times that she did not understand that the her classmates were hitting on her. She would just smile and respond to them. And those sights left him bitter, especially after their first trip to the Biological Garden. Her classmates were the ones who got to spend almost every day with her. He himself could not understand it initially and went tough on her. She never understood the reason though. He wanted her to see that he was not the way he had behaved so far. And the result was far better than expected. Apparently she could not handle him today. He wished he could play a little longer but could not risk his feelings being exposed. Though a couple of his friends had doubts but he had not entertained it. His personal life was all his and he could not risk Shanaya being teased or taunted by hostel girls in any way. He knew how those girls worked. A little mistake and her reputation would be at stake especially when he was going to leave this college in a couple of days.

Next trip was to the Botanical Garden where they had received the tickets for flower show. The important feature of this show was different varieties of horticultured and genetically engineered flowers and vegetables are designed in a particular way. Here, one could see the color and shape of a flower or vegetable in totally different form. This was something new to Shanaya and Natasha since it was their first time seeing something like this. Rest of them had visited the show earlier as well but for them also it was always new since the design, theme and pattern were always innovative and new.

The Botanical Garden was too large to be covered in a day, if one is willing to visit it properly. It was good for those looking for a long walk and also if you wanted to have a safari tour.

Shanaya loved the place immediately, for it had so many trees, plants that one could actually get a feeling of being in woods. Only difference being that it was well planted, with concrete and defined road. And lots of trees planted on both the sides making it almost difficult to figure out if the day is sunny or cloudy. Shanaya loved such atmosphere and the place. This was also a reason why she loved this new place completely. The weather here was always romantic, for all the twelve months of a year.

First they decided to visit the Glass House for the Flower show and then take a tour of the garden just by walking. As expected, they all were awestruck. None of them spoke anything for a few minutes and kept watching the view in front of them as if all the colors of the world were placed in front of them.

All of a sudden she felt a similar feeling that she had in Biological garden, of being watched. She turned around to confirm her suspicion to find Rudra observing her with amusement in his eyes. Though he appeared to be involved in talking with Aman but his gaze was fixed on Shanaya. Once again she was self- conscious and flushed. She pretended to avoid his gaze and concentrate, unknowingly pushing back a lock of hairs behind her ears. Her act almost made him to ravish her then and there itself. As the crowd increased, once again she found herself missing the familiar faces. She had started getting panicked when a hand touched her shoulders and she jumped out of her skin. She hated crowds. She hated it too much. Not only it was suffocating for her but physical closeness to the random people was last thing she ever wished for. She knew that chance of being taken advantage in crowd was much more. She closed her eyes tightly expecting the worst to come and thinking what she could do now.

______________________________________________________________

OMG!!! Is our Shanaya going to be assaulted by some jerks? Is she going to regret her decision to be with her so called friends today?

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for reading, commenting and following. 

Please share your thoughts as well.

Good news!! I am working on another story as well which is completely different from this one. A hint is that it is going to be based on revenge!!! I have already started the book with the name "Revenge of a Butterfly". Anyone interested in creating cover page is welcomed :)