Part 24: Jealous?? NO!!

A little jealousy is good for the health of your relationship. It's good to know that someone is afraid to lose you.

"So? What did you say?" Though he had asked that question to her but his heart was beating unusually faster even though he had an idea what she would have said.

"The truth?"

"And that is....?"

"That there is nothing between us."

"Yes right! I completely agree with you. There is nothing between us." Even though he was hurt but this was right thing to do on her behalf.

Was she really that innocent?

Would she talk to anyone like she was doing with him?

God!! She was driving him insane.

"What is the matter with you?" She asked him with concern.

"Nothing. Don't you have to study?"

"Yes, I ha..."

"Then go and study. Don't waste your time here." And with that, he disconnected and threw his mobile. Luckily it fell on the bed.

The most difficult part was to make her see and understand that she was different to him. He needed this weekend. And with that he felt a bit relieved and tensed as well.

******

The day was not good for her. First Nate, then Nick, then Anika and now this...

What was his problem?

Ugh!! Shanaya decided that she was done for the night and then she went to sleep, only if she could.

It was better when she was not talking to him.

Now he was confusing her. She tried hard sleeping.

Sleep.. Sleep.. Sleep baby sleep.. And with that chanting continuously, she slowly drifted to sleep.

Next day was better compared to yesterday. So far.. At least that was what Shanaya thought. After classes, she was sitting in the cafeteria along with her classmates when hushed whispers started. She was getting a weird looks from her classmates regarding something behind her back.

She turned to see what it was.. Or rather who it was and....

OMG!!!

Really? He has got to be kidding.

Rudra was there and the surprise was, he was not alone but with his new and already famous Anika.

"Wow!! What a couple!"

"They look like made for each other."

"I wish I was the one with him..."

"Some people don't value what they get. Good for him.!!"

And all similar kinds of comments..

They were laughing at something and had placed their order.

Shanaya was fuming, why, she herself did not know.

Of course she knew!! 

It was their college, what were they doing here?

It was his college as well since he is still in admin department and he could bring anyone just to show around. Her mind answered her.

Till yesterday, they did not know each other and today they were acting as if they were already best buddies.

"Nice couple! What say Shanaya?" Nick asked her.

She smiled sweetly at him. "Yes! They are."

She knew what he was trying to do and she was not going to fall for it.

She was still thinking when a hand touched her shoulder and she felt the similar burning sensation that only one person could induce in her.

"Hi Shanaya!" Rudra greeted her softly.

"Hi" she responded with indifference.

"Would you like to join us?" He offered her.

Us?? Already? She raised an eyebrow at him and then smiled as sweetly as she could manage.

"Unfortunately, I can't. You see, I am already done with the lunch and we have classes in next 5."

And as if on cue, Anika too joined him.

"How are you Shanaya?"

"I am good. How about you?" She smiled genuinely at her.

"Great! I came here to see the chairman. My parents know him but I don't and since Rudra is working here and is in good terms with him, I asked him to help me. And he accepted."

"Great!! From when your classes are starting?" She was ignoring Rudra completely.

"Oh our class has already started. They are giving personality development classes."

This time Shanaya turned to Rudra and he smirked at her.

"I already have a great personality." And he winked at her.

She rolled her eyes and then said... "Sorry Anika, I am running late. They all have left already. See you later. Enjoy!"

And with that she rushed without waiting for any response.

Rudra smiled at her when she left but he did not understand why she was so good with Anika. He could read her anger directed towards himself but for Anika, there was no jealousy. He had planned it. Anyways he was going to help Anika but the timing he chose was well planned. He saw Shanaya fuming and putting on the mask. He got his answers but not what he had expected. According to him, she must have been possessive towards him and must NOT be behaving properly with Anika. But here hers was total opposite reaction. He was left amused and wondering why was she so difficult to understand but then this was what he liked about her. This was what made her different from the rest. And he knew it right when she had walked in to the admin office for admission.

He still could not forget the day. 

She had not spared him another glance when she had entered whereas Natasha was ogling at him. He had even stared at Shanaya openly but she had exchanged her seat with Natasha and shifted where she could not be seen by him. And that was what he neither could forget nor digest. This had never happened with him earlier.

Somehow he needed to know and understand the reason behind her action today. Tonight... It was going to be a long wait he guessed.

"You like her. Don't you?" Anika's observation brought him back.

"Let's go and get your work done." He did not answer her. His personal life was his own and sooner she understood, better it was.

Somehow the day was over and it was time to make a call. Rudra was quite nervous. He could not let Shanaya feel that and still get his work done. Considering her angry face today in cafeteria he had his own doubts that she would talk to him tonight. He took a deep breath and called her on Natasha's number.

_______________________________________________

Dear readers,

Thank you for your support, your valuable votes and comments!