Part- 6. Staring Contest

She did not want to attend the Fresher's since she did not had any dress to wear for it. Apart from that, she was not comfortable wearing dresses and make up. But it was Natey who wanted her to attend and took her for dress shopping dragging almost all the way.

They entered a mall with the best designer's dresses available. Shanaya unwillingly looked at the dresses while natey forced her trying them one after another. Initially she was very uncomfortable doing the parade in front of the sales girls, guys and Natey, being the topic of their study and observation for the best suitable dress. Slowly she started realizing that the dresses had changed her look completely and again a very familiar face came into picture which heightened her interest and spirit hundred folds, adrenaline rushing through her. She wanted to do that, just for seeing his facial expression.

"It's nothing serious and it is not like that I am doing this to impress him" She reasoned with her mind. As if that was the truth. And then she picked a purple gown knowing that most of the people will be picking either red or black dresses. The dress hugged her body like another skin till her waist. It was off shoulder and this was first time she was ever planning to wear any such thing. She found it too bold but when she came out of the changing room, but by the speechless expression of people sitting and observing her, she could tell that this is the best choice.

"You look hot and sexy." Natey cheered her, though she smiled but her eyes did not support her smile.

"You are going to steal the limelight Shanaya." Oh so that was her point of worry.

"Don't worry Natey, you are the best at this. That is your place. You are going to rock it and you know it." She placed her hand at her shoulder, reassuring her.

"I know that right!" Natey hugged her tightly thanking. And then they started selecting a dress for her. She picked up a red dress which came a little higher than her mid- thigh and a too low cut neck. Her back was almost bare stopping at her butt, leaving not much to a guy's imagination. Shanaya knew that Natey is going to give a hard night to the guys especially the one she had already started dating the very next day, Mike, a friend of Rudra's.

"Poor guys. I don't think they would be able to handle you Natey." Shanaya winked at her. She did a little cat walk and hugged her again, confirmed that she still had her spotlight.

Next day was the day for which they all were excited. Right from the morning, there was a rush in the hostel. Girls running here and there, shouting and cursing for being late. Some laughing and enjoying the moment of getting dressed. Most of them were first year and it was an important day for all of them. They were being welcomed officially in the college which meant all the minor ragging were over now. Not that there was any severe ragging, it was all meant for fun because of the Chairman's strict instructions and actions as well.

Most of them had already left. Shanaya and her classmates were late. This was first time for her and she was actually taking interest in getting ready and observing the busy girls around. Since she had least idea on makeup, so her classmates had helped her on putting it as she wanted it, nude. Most of them had picked either mid- thigh dress or knee length and dark makeup. She was the only one whose dress was till the feet and makeup, too, was minimal. She was already feeling odd one out.

They reached at the venue, their college auditorium, a bit late and the event had already started. When Shanaya proceeded to take the seat, she saw the faces of her classmates, especially guys. A few of them were literally gawking at her with eyes wide and mouth open but her eyes were searching someone else. She kept looking around but she did not find the one for whom she had taken so much of pain. She did not pay much attention to the enhancement made by the guys. Her mood was already off. Then she heard his name and desperately looked in the direction only to find out that he was not coming and was at college campus due to some work. She felt like going back to the hostel and throwing off all the things. Unfortunately she could not do that so she sat and watched the dances and songs being performed there. Public was screaming and hooting, going all crazy whereas she, too, was going crazy for completely different reasons. She did not like any of the things going around.

While leaving, they all had to walk back to college from auditorium for refreshments. When she came to know that, her hopes were high again and her heart started beating frantically with every step she took towards the college campus. She was ready to go through the pains that the high heels were giving to her just for him. She had never ever done that for anyone in her whole life.

"Then why was she doing it now?" Her mind questioned her as if sticking the tongue out at her.

"Just because she wanted to see his expression when he saw her like this. And it would give her immense satisfaction when she would literally ignore him by passing right through him giving an impression that she did not see him at all."

"Wicked!!" And she smiled mischievously. She would make him feel bad for mocking her always and for... leaving, may be... Yay!!

They all reached to campus to see that all the arrangements were done for refreshment and was being supervised by the long awaited Rudra. He looked quite handsome in the suit he was wearing, clean shaved and a hairs set well. He was quite busy in giving instructions to the people for arrangement when he had glimpse of her and he stopped talking, his hands still in air, eyes wide staring at her. She had thought she would enjoy the moment but it went out of her hand. She could not handle his intense gaze which was roaming over her body and then back to her face, lips specifically.

She did not know what to do. Nothing went according to her plan. He did give her the satisfaction that she wanted but she could not just walk past him. They both were at some distance, neither moving, though she was getting uncomfortable while he was watching her with an unreadable expression on his face. It appeared as if they both were immobilized.

She felt her heart would burst out if it did not slow down. Why was he staring at her so hardly as if searching for something. And she would just die out of suffocation. All of a sudden, it appeared as if she was out of breath and needed to inhale deeply, as if air around her had either disappeared or got too thick to inhale. She felt dizzy and her knees going weak. Her dress being too tight was the only reason she could think of.

On the other hand, Rudra took liberty of enjoying the view in front of him. There were many girls but just one stood out. He felt as if she did this on purpose, just for him. That was weird to conclude but he wanted to think that way, just to feel a little happy and calm. The thought, obviously made him happy, but calm, from not a single point. His pants got too tight for him, just by the thought. He knew she was pure, too innocent to understand his obvious interest in her. He knew that his friends had already got a clue even when he had not uttered a word about it. He was also aware that a few of her friends, too, had doubts including Natasha. But the one who should be knowing it was too innocent and he was afraid that he might have to tell her and he would not be able to control himself around her. He was closing and opening his fist just to control his frustration that were created due to the urges that he could not fulfill.

His family was orthodox and he was the only son of the family. He was very much attracted to Shanaya and wanted to know if it would work for them. Before that, he had also asked about the community she belonged. It came as a surprise to him that she had no idea about it. After that he had went through her files and had doubt that she belonged to his community and it would not be heart ache at the end if it worked out between them. He had tried various approaches showing his interest in her but she hardly understood any of them. Instead, they ended up having fierce arguments.

He knew she was too innocent to understand the double meaning jokes he made and it gave him immense pleasure seeing her so confused. But this was not good for his health. He was controlling himself too hard, his urges to touch her, kiss her endlessly and hopelessly. But he did not want to ruin her innocence. She was yet to bloom into a flower and he had no idea if he would be able to wait or if he would react.

At this moment, he wanted to touch her, even if just like a feather touch or even brushing of hands would be sufficient. But again, that would be too much for him. He still remember how he had to take the cold shower almost every night and the longest one was the day he sat next to her in the bus. And now this..

His breath and heart beat elevated when he saw her approaching, well not alone...

__________________________________________________________________________

So my dear Readers..

what do you think of it?