Part 25: Date? Really??

How does it feel when you get what exactly you are looking for??

After an eventful day at college, Shanaya was trying to relax when Anika barged in her room. She had to keep the door opened most of the time since Natey would be out gossiping. And with Anika entered Natey as well. Anika was talking all about her college, a few classmates and Rudra. Apparently, she had borrowed a book from him which did not had his name written on it. While talking to Shanaya and Natey, she started writing his name on the book. Shanaya had observed something about it... Passion and love, with which she wrote the name as if feeling the person itself. The poor girl was lost, thought Shanaya but was also getting annoyed at the action she was witnessing. Not only that her frustration was increasing by every second when Anika was describing how good, friendly, helpful, charming.. Rudra is. The list of his greatness was growing with every second and so was her irritation at the girl saying those things. Though Shanaya had no right to and she kept her face void of any emotion. She also pretended to be tired and drowsy when a call on Natey's mobile made her jump out of her skin.

Natey handed her mobile to Shanaya but she asked her to inform him that she is sleeping. She curtly told her that she would have if he was interested in talking to her and with that she left her mobile on Shanaya's bed and left with Anika closing the door behind them.

"Hello?" Shanaya picked the call after doing some thinking, mostly with the reason that she could not show him the affect she had from the cafeteria today.

"Hey!! What were you doing?" Rudra asked her softly.

"Nothing special.. Was just listening to Anika when she was telling everyone that how much she likes you." She tried not to sound bitter but did not know if she succeeded.

"Jealous?" He smirked, sensing the bitterness in her words.

Shanaya laughed on the question.

"There is no reason for me to get jealous. I just don't understand how stupid girls can be." She tried sounding unaffected.

"If I didn't know you, I would have been assured that you are jealous. But you can't blame me for being so hot, sexy, handsome and charming."

If it had been a few days back, she would have not only rolled her eyes but would have also been ready with a smart comeback. But this time, she had to suppress her smile.

"Since you are not so affected by me, would you like to come with me to the Clubber's Park?" He sounded almost hopeful. He knew she had been to the Biological and Botanical Park but never been to Clubber's park.

"Who else is coming?" Shanaya asked casually since so far each outing was with group.

"If you want I will call everyone, the whole college if you wish." He sounded a bit... Angry?

"What does that mean?" All of a sudden, she started getting nervous. He could not possibly expect her to be alone with him. She did not know why but the scenes from the book store played in her mind.

"What does it sound like? I am asking if you would like to go out with me." Now he was agitated. Why she could not understand this simple thing?

There was a silence for a few seconds. At one hand, Shanaya was secretly thrilled at the idea of having him all for herself, she also had doubts that she might not control herself in his close proximity. She had also realized that she did not like him being with other girls.

The silence was killing Rudra. He had started regretting asking her out, not because he did not want her to come but, due to fear of being rejected at his first attempt of his first date of life. He decided to back out before getting a big no from her.

"When?" Shanaya asked slowly.

Rudra could not believe his ears. He wanted to kiss her senselessly for saying yes. Well, not directly.. But still.

"How about this weekend? I hope you don't have other plans." He tried his best to sound nonchalant. As if it was not a big deal for him.

"No, I don't have." She still could not find her voice. Her nervousness was getting best of her.

"Cool! Then I will pick you up by 10?"

"No. You don't need to come here. Will it be fine if we meet at some place?"

"Okay.. Then let me know once you get ready. We will meet at the nearby restaurant."

"Okay."

And with that she disconnected the call with a face palm. What had she done? Talking to him on the call was one thing. Here at least she could not see his facial expressions so she talked to him the way she wanted but how would she talk so much in front of him. All the meetings with him came to her mind and none of them were good enough to repeat except the last one, though the book store one made her shiver with strange sweetness and excitement. The biggest challenge was what she was going to tell Natey. She was not the one to be trusted but lying was not Shanaya's nature.

Shanaya did not know how next couple of days were over and finally the day had come. Weird, today Natey was also in different mood. She was showing extra love and care for their so called friendship.

"We never get a chance to talk at all Shane. Come sit here. I feel like talking to you today." She said in over excited voice.

"So I heard you have a date today with Rudra." She stated as a matter of fact.

"It's not date, just a friendly outing." Shanaya said, still surprised that she knew. Of course! Mike would have been her source of information.

"Yes we all know such outing. You know....." And her blabbering continued as if there was no tomorrow.

Shanaya kept looking at her watch. Very soon she realized that Nate was not going to stop any time soon. It was already 9:20am. She liked to be on time but in this way she was definitely going to be late, that too on her first date. God!!

"Sorry to interrupt you Natey. Can we chat later, I need to take a shower."

"Yeah of course! Now why would you want friends like us?"

Shanaya glared at her for a few minutes but then realized that she was doing it purposely. So she smiled and said

"I didn't mean that but I got to go. See you later."

When she was back, Natey offered her to help her with the dress but there as well, Shanaya realized that she was purposely rejecting each dress so she decided to select it on her own. Since she knew that she was going to a public place, she kept it casual. Just a jean and blouse.

She was already late by 15minutes and when she left, Natey gave her a weird smile that she could not decipher and ignored.

By 10:30am, she was at the restaurant but was surprised to see that Rudra was nowhere in sight. She sighed in relief and ordered for a juice while waited for him. She started getting more nervous when another 15 minutes spent but he was not in sight. He could not have stood her up. Could he? He had confirmed with her yesterday night as well so there was no chance of that. She decided to call him, for the first time. She went to nearby phone booth and dialed his number.

Knowing that she had been waiting for him from last 15 minutes came as a shock to Rudra. He rushed to the restaurant.

"Hi! I thought you were going to be late by 2 hours or so."

"What? But why?"

"I called you....."

_________________________________________________

oops!! Someone is getting bitchy here...

Why do you think Rudra assumed Shanaya getting late?

Thanks for reading guys!!!