Part 33: Secret Unveiled

AN:- As mentioned in earlier chapter, this chapter is dedicated to kate190021 :) Thank you for your support and comments. Enjoy reading!!

________________

"I talked to my Mom and asked her about Royal families. I know the history that OUR family shares."

"What do you mean?" He sounded angry, very angry.

"I talked to my Mom and asked her about my family history. And I came to know the history that our family shares."

"What are you talking about?"

"I am sure you know that your so called royalty is having a feud with another one for almost 7 generations due to reasons long forgotten."

"How do you....?" Shock in his voice was clear and it didn't take any genius to understand that Shanaya was that another royalty.

There was silence for a long time before the call ended.

There!! She did it. Dropped the bomb!

Silence..

That was what she got for next few seconds or what seemed like minutes or hours she did not know.

That's it!

"Forget all about him you selfish brat!" Her mind was screaming at her. Though her heart had a slight hope that he would not shut her down completely. Just to end her agony and also a signal of her punishment, her phone beeped once again.

Oh thank god!! At least he is talking.

"You know what I told you."

Yes of course!! He had said that he loved her and won't be able to live without her. But she had a feeling that this was not what he meant. And within two seconds, her suspicion was confirmed.

"For my family and society, this is the most important thing, rest all is secondary."

Okay.. So this is it!

The end! She did not respond him after that.

Her happiness was just for two weeks but she did not blame Rudra for anything. She was not angry, though hurt but not by him. She knew it right from the beginning. In fact, what she had informed him was partially correct. She could not bring herself to disclose the whole truth. But she had told him the most important part.

In reality, she knew these things right from the beginning when he was sharing his families' details and about him being the royalty in the bus while they were on their first college trip. She had known right from that moment but could not bring herself to disclose anything about herself. Her mom had no role as she had mentioned in the text. The reason she had not shared it with him at that moment had nothing to do with her reserved nature but had everything to do with him. Though she never admitted, she had known then as well that she somehow was attracted to him. She could not think straight. She knew that if she told him right then, she won't stand a chance with him at all. She wanted him to get to know her as a person and then decide if he wanted anything with her. She would have accepted if he did not like her because of her nature and behavior. But she did not want to miss any opportunity of being with him, even for a few seconds, just because of petty matters like that. Yes! That was what she had thought and still thinks..

Petty matters!

Because no one gives a shit about it.

Royalty? Really?? That era had passed long ago and who holds on to such things now a days?

Apparently, some people did hold on to their so called "glorious past".

But she did not! Neither did her family.. At least she thought so. Or liked to think that way.

Even in her society, it didn't matter which community they belonged to or what their family history has been. The so called history was not even shared by her parents. These were told as story to them by their relatives when they attended any get together or functions, which was hardly once a year or two. She herself did not know details, just knew that it had been quite messy and involved too much of blood shedding for first three generations when it had started and after that the youngsters started getting focused on the safety of families and tried best to avoid such situations. Law and order too had a great role in that. She did not know about another royalty but in her own family, people had started moving in and out of countries. In such situation, who would even think about it? It was weird that somehow she had remembered the name of another party.

Also, her society was made up of power, money and social status. The rank one holds in government was what mattered. What she did not know and understood was its importance in his society. Hell, she did not understand it now as well.

From which era did they belong anyways to give importance to such things?

And what was hers and Rudra's fault in it? Where did they stand?

The worst part she could not risk disclosing these thoughts to him. She had a feeling that it would not do any good but only destroy any chance she might have left.

There was no response from any of them for a long time. Shanaya had accepted his decision.

But same was not the case with Rudra. He was furious.

Why now?

After a lot of anger and frustration, he gave himself a long, thoughtful walk in the local park which was not filled by people at the moment. After sometime, he felt some peace. He was not impulsive and never made any decisions without analyzing situations.

He appreciated the fact that she had informed him even when she knew where it would lead them to. He knew that no one else would have done it but she did it.

He also understood how breaking up would affect her and what she would have to endure in the hostel. Those girls were silent till he was with Shanaya or else they were not less than jealous, cunning bitches who would go to any extent to make her life miserable. He could not help himself from thinking about her welfare still. After all, what happened those many years back was not their mistake.

But now they had a problem. A very big problem. If he had known it from beginning, he would have controlled himself knowing that it would not have any future at all. He would not have given a second glance to her. That was sure.

His family members would never forget about what had happened seven generations back. They still talked about it as if they all were present there to witness it. Weird, he knew. But apparently, it was his ancestors who had suffered most. He did not know how much Shanaya knew about it.

She had not responded to him. He did not know what she was thinking. But thinking of hurting her was unsettling to him. Then again, it was better to get hurt now rather than getting involved too deep and hurt everyone else in the process.

For the first time, he was in dilemma.

He contemplated everything and then came to a decision. In night, he decided to call her. Yes, call her, no more messaging.

______________________________

God!!!

Really??

Did anyone see that coming? I hope not :P

How are they going to work on it or better have separate ways?

What would Rudra decide now? Is there going to be a break up?

Enjoy reading!!!