Part-5. Walking, Walking and More Walking

"No boyfriend!" She cut him sharply in between without even listening to his question completely.

"I thought so.. No one will be that stupid." Shanaya opened her mouth to open but he beat her to it.

"Though I was not asking about that you know. You should not get that desperate." He smirked openly and Shanaya turned the shade of tomato with embarrassment.

"So I guess you would know all the places here." Rudra continued with a proper smile on his face. This was first time she saw him smiling in front of her and she would be a liar if she said that she did not like it at all. But she had already made a fool of herself today and did not want to repeat it.

"I don't know, we took a day package from the travel agency."

"Okay. Then I will show you a few new places today. Consider yourself lucky that I am your personal and private guide. Not all the girls get this opportunity." And he winked at her.

There. It. Started. Again. She face palmed inwardly but chose not to comment.

And after that Rudra kept telling about the monuments, places of historical importance, stories about the colleges that passed by and she did not even realize that almost all the girls were glaring at her by the time they reached. She chose to ignore those whom she did not know and was happy that for some time, they both had actually behaved like civilized people.

Another bus had not yet reached so apparently she was bound to spend more time with Rudra. After reaching to the Biological Park, they all waited for sometime but then were informed that the bus would get more late since there was a surprise for that bus- Treasure Hunt! She had missed it. Being late riser could not be that bad. Then again she was not the one to sulk over something that was not for her. Apart from that she was enjoying her new company.

For time being all of them was a group since another bus had not yet arrived. So they started looking around. Shanaya found that the familiar looking guy, Nick, was actually her classmate and he was along with another girl, Jane, from her class only. Apparently Jane liked her too much right from the day she was admitted and so some guys from her batch. This was news to her. Though she could not figure out if it was good or bad. While she was interacting with them, Rudra called all of them to start. Apparently the Biological Park was too large and not only had botanical plants and herbs but also maintained a zoo, an aquarium and safari.

Though all of them started together but within a few minutes, various small groups had formed. Shanaya found herself with Nick, Jane and Rudra. She was surprised that Rudra still wanted to accompany her. Meanwhile, Nick was talking to her nonstop, and even gave her the hints that he was interested in her. But whenever, he tried asking something personal or tried deviating her from the group, Rudra interrupted, sometimes by making witty comments and sometimes by just giving him guys hug. By the time, they had completed visiting zoo and aquarium, Nick was quite frustrated but gave a sly grin to Rudra, Jane was too confused to understand what was going around and Rudra, though infuriated, was suppressing his laugh along with Shanaya. She never knew he had this side as well, but then again, she did not know him at all.

Even another bus had come by now. As soon as it stopped, her friends and a few guys from her class came rushing to her. Natey and Preston had almost hugged her and started almost together:

"Oh we were so worried about you. Thank god you are already here. We tried so much you know but that admin guy did not agree at all. Were you fine?"

"Yes guys I am. Please don't worry." She glanced at Rudra who was gritting his teeth for unknown reasons now, left. Should not he be happy that she was not a baggage to him anymore? Even his friends had arrived along with hers, and he was already laughing and enjoying with them. For a moment, when he looked at her, he was again indifferent to her. "God! This is so energy draining." She thought but she still was thankful to him.

After some time Rudra and his group came and asked them for a walk. Shanaya stared at him wide eyed. "Didn't they just walked around and he wanted another round of walking? He must be kidding!!"

As if reading her mind,

"Are you people already tired?" Though he asked in a way as if asking everyone but his eyes remain fixed at her only. Before anyone else could utter a word:

"No, of course not!" Her friends were shocked to see her like that as if something was already going on between them and they were not aware of it.

"Great! Then let's go." He smirked at her.

It took too long to cover the complete Biological garden. Apart from the animal zoo and aquarium, this time they also covered bird park, plantation in botanical garden. They all were back exactly at the time of lunch. Since the plates had not arrived yet, they had to share food. Shanay did not even realize how she ended up being with Rudra.

While driving back, she had a feeling that this time someone else is going to be her seat partner and she would not be able to stop even if she wanted. She was still debating if she wanted Rudra next to her when he smiled and sat next to her. She knew that the people were struggling to get inside the bus to get the window seat and he had managed to sneak in somehow and yet he was here, next to her, rather than getting any other seat that he could have got. At realization, her heart skipped a beat but then again she recalled the hostel room gossip and her heart dropped. Strange things were happening to her lately. She needed to remind herself that she was here to pursue higher study and still needed to protect herself from getting heart. She could not let her guards down. She came back to reality with people singing songs loudly and dancing in the small space.

By evening when all her classmates gathered in her hostel room, she could feel the gazes on her. She instantly knew what they are going to talk about. And all of them started at the same time:

"God!! How did you do that?"

"Why was he sitting next to you?"

"I heard both the time, he was with you only. How did you manage that?"

"How is he? Did he touch you or kiss you?"

Shanaya screamed at once:

"Stop!!" And all of them fell silent.

"It's nothing like what you all are thinking. He had no seat left while going and while coming back I don't know. He does not even like me. And I heartily reciprocate the feelings."

"Are you telling the truth?"

"Each word?"

"Yes. This is the truth."

"Okay. It's cool then but be aware that he is not a good guy." And with that they all changed the topic. Shanaya sighed in relief. She never wanted to be the center of attention especially being the topic of the gossip.

Next event was something that she was so not looking forward.

______________________________________________________________________________