16. A change Or..?

Some people say that they will take care of you. Very rare are the ones who make you feel being taken care of without saying a single word...

Starting of the new week was busy since all were engrossed with the assignments submission and upcoming test preparation. This was second home test for first semester and they were supposed to have at least 2 more. Last one being the mock for whole syllabus just before the finals.

Students also had an upcoming event on Independence Day this week, on Wednesday, which was relaxing for all since they will have whole day for themselves except a couple of hours.

Most of them had the plans made up for the day except for Shanaya. Natasha too was going out which she kept informing her in order to make her jealous. Shanaya was not the one to get jealous easily. In fact she was relaxed and happy that she would have some time for herself, though being almost alone in the hostel was scary for her.

After welcome speech, and a couple of programs, students started to leave to their planned destination for the day. Natasha needed to change before she left so she tagged along Shanaya. On reaching hostel, Natasha was little furious and asked Shanaya to get ready. Shanaya stared at her with wide eyes.

"Why?"

"There is a change in plan and you too are supposed to come."

"I can't and don't want to. You all are going as couples and I don't want to be the third wheel for any of you. Apart from that I want to hug my bed and sleep for some time." And with that she smiled dreamily at Natasha.

"You are not going to be third wheel so don't worry. And if you have so many important issues, you can talk to Mike. Shall I connect you to him?" Natey added with a glint of mischief in her eyes.

"What? No!!!" Denying Natey was one thing and refusing Mike was another. Not only had she started seeing him as her brother but also respected him from the bottom of her heart. She sighed starting to find a dress.

Apparently, the plan was to go to a famous temple first and then to the Botanical garden to see the Flower Show. And regarding the people joining, it was whole group again which made Shanaya anxious since a face that was constantly at the back of her mind flashed in front of her.

Her doubts were confirmed once she saw the familiar face, only that this time the whole group was there. Rudra smiled at her and Natasha. The so called group consisted of all super seniors, Rudra, and these two. Considering everyone's age, Shanaya was the youngest, Natasha too was a year or two older to her. She greeted everyone with smile and was welcomed as well.

As expected, the temple was crowded since it was holiday for most. Though Rudra did not interact much with Shanaya but made sure that he was always present by her side. Somehow, he had felt her uneasiness with the crowd. Not only that, he also made sure that she was not affected by the crowd much. At a place, there was different queue for men and women. Though he was in separate queue, he kept looking for her.

To Shanaya's surprise, he also looked at the person standing behind her and she felt a hand over her shoulder. She turned to look over the owner of the hand to find it was one of the seniors, Lax, a sweet, beautiful and cute girl. Lax smiled at her as if assuring her that she was fine. And then again she looked back at Rudra just to see that he had already moved along with the queue, leaving her with a very warm feeling. This was something her dad would have done for her if he was here. She had not expected this caring from Rudra.

It surprised Shanaya again when she found Rudra waiting for her. She looked around to find that the group was no longer there. Most of them had moved already. Worse, even Natasha was not in view.

"What a wonderful friend she had got for herself!" Thought Shanaya with bitterness.

Now, it was just three of them. Apparently, Lax's boyfriend too had moved along with crowd. In a way, the caring that Rudra had shown to her was heart touching. He also made sure that Lax was not left out just like others in the crowd. When they finally reached the exit door, the rest of the group was standing there, waiting for them.

"Where were you? I was looking for you." Came a worried voice which Shanaya recognized as Aman's, Lax's boyfriend.

"Why are you worried? I am not a kid and I have been to this place numerous times you know." Lax smiled at him sweetly.

"Still..." And with that he came forward to hold her hand in assurance that she was safe and in front of him.

"Aww.. So sweet!" came a cheery voice which fueled Shanaya with anger.

______________________________________________________________

Oops!! Who might be that??

Thanks to all my readers who have read, liked, esp voted and commented. :)

Your votes n comments keep me motivated. Thanks n love you all <3 <3