Part 26: Differences

A.N: This chapter is dedicated to delphins for comments and votes.
Thank you for your interest, votes, comments n suggestions. Enjoy reading!!

"I called....." He left it in between realizing what was going on. He did not understand why she would do any such thing. He was confused. Since she was the one to inform him and Mike that Shanaya has some feelings towards him and he could make his next move. Her confirmation had helped him in deciding to take Shanaya out. It was Natasha who was helping him indirectly without any knowledge of Shanaya. On the other hand, she was also the one to try ruining their first date. What was she playing at? She was trying to put her best impression on him and Mike showing that she was keen to help but she was also the one to paint Shanaya as different person. First she tried to set Shanaya with that idiot Nick and now this.

"You Called? I did not know." Shanaya was confused.

"It's okay. Let's get a cab first." And without waiting for her response, he called the cab.

"Sorry, I forgot to ask. Did you eat anything?" He asked Shanaya as soon as he was done with the call.

"Yes. May I know what the matter is?" She asked gently.

"I would tell you but first may I know why you got late this morning?" He asked her softly, knowing that her so called friend had a role to play in it.

Shanaya briefed him the morning events and weird behavior by Natey. And then she asked him about the call that he made.

Rudra told her that when he called, Natey had informed him that Shanaya would be getting late since she had laundry to do. But quickly added that Natey would have forgotten to inform her.

He did not want to create any tension between the two though Shanaya was already having trust issues with her. Not only that, if not for her, just based on Shanaya's actions, he would have never asked her out since she always acted indifferent towards him. So, he gave the credit for their first date to Natey. Apart from that Mike was like a brother to him and he did not want him getting hurt which was inevitable since he knew that Natey chatted late night with every other guy in her own department, and a couple from other department as well. She wanted attention from as many guys as possible and Mike was not among the guys who would be fine with that. Hell, he himself was not fine with the attention Shanaya got from her other guys though she never encouraged it.

He also changed the topic of discussion since it was not giving a good start to their date. They did not even realize when they reached the Clubber's Park.

On reaching there, Shanaya realized it was not crowded like the rest two she had been which was both good and bad for her. Good because she did not had to worry about strangers and bad because Rudra would have all the opportunities in the world. Initially she had maintained her distance with him while walking. But he had made her so comfortable that she did not even realize when their hands were touching.

Apparently both had realized it and no one did anything to remove their hands. Taking that as a positive sign, Rudra slowly held her hands in his. The fit was perfect, as if her hand was designed only for his. He saw her blushing but didn't say anything. If only he could tell how he felt about her.... But he didn't want to scare her off. If she knew how he had been having sleepless nights over her and whenever he slept, all his dreams were filled with doing sinful things to her. If she was blushing this much just by holding hands, god help him, what he would do when he actually made those dreams come true. He sighed. He had to wait. She was too precious for him to lose.

They roamed, talked about lots of things including and excluding world affairs, bought and had snacks. And finally decided to sit down on a bench which was sufficient to accommodate two persons. Only that they had to sit closer. He had purposefully brought the topic of extra marital affairs since one of his questions still was unanswered from their last encounter. So, he twisted the situation in best possible way and asked her casually:

"Who is at mistake, according to you, in an extra marital affair? A man or a woman?"

"Anyone who is cheating. I don't go by the thinking that its only either man's or woman's mistake. But I do feel that if you are in a relationship, it's your responsibility to be honest with your partner and also avoid any kind of thing that might ruin your relationship as best as possible." She answered casually, not doubting his intentions at all since they had discussed lots of other things that were not related to them. But, she could not help herself but ask, in a jesting way to hide her actual anxiety:

"Why do you ask? Are you married?" She raised an eyebrow to add extra effect.

To say Rudra was taken aback by both the answer and question asked was an understatement but then he laughed. Laughed out loud because he understood the reason why she was angry with him but was not jealous with Anika. According to her, it was not Anika's fault if she liked him but was his fault if he encouraged or entertained her. And then her question now gave him a glimpse of mixed emotions of anger, betrayal and insecurity which he found both dangerous and cute. He shook his head in denial in her answer.

He wanted to have an argument for the answer she had provided but found it best to stop right there. He always loved good discussion with people and it did not matter to him if it led to argument as well. But today was not the day.

Whole day went lightly after that. And by the end, he had realized that they were poles apart. And the similarities they had were dangerous.

She was total theoretical and sometimes, out of the world as well whereas he was completely practical.

She came from a sophisticated, civilized and modern society whereas he was from crude and orthodox society. Though he himself was not orthodox.

For her society was not important, for him it was.

She was detached or neutral most of the time (including with her family unfortunately where he needed to make her work) whereas he was attached to his family and soil.

She went by word spoken and he believed in action. This was worse since most of the times his words were different than his actions. His actions were good but words usually stung.

She lived in today, worst at that, away from reality and he was too real and thought of future before saying or doing anything.

Overall, the way they lived, talked, their thought process, way of seeing and understanding the things were totally different or better opposite. Hell!! How was this even going to work between them?

Wait!! The worst part was still there.

They both had huge ego but temper was short.

How did that sound?

Good enough to have second thoughts? He decided to control his feelings for some more time and take baby steps. He needed to make sure that she was not among the girls who would ask guys to break all the relationships with their family and friends. He needed to be assured that she was efficient enough to blend in his society and friends' circle. He might have been over thinking but he did not want to hurt her and get hurt in the process. He had no doubts regarding his feelings towards her but he would not give it a second thought if she tried to manipulate him or his relationships with his friends and family. For the moment he decided to keep it light.

But the question was how long he would be able to resist her and his desires that were already on the verge of exploding... Will he be able to keep it light when all he wanted to hold her tightly in his embrace and never let her go, kiss her so senselessly that she would forget all other things and make love to her so passionately and wildly that she would remember only him and ruined for any other man!!!

__________________________________

That didn't go that bad for them.. The date.. 

Poor Rudra!! What is he going to do?

Is this all or is there more that he does not know yet??

Thank you for reading and supporting. :)