Part 28

Dedicated to clamarmirsar.... Thank you for your observation and letting me know ;)

"Yes!! He broke up with me and you know the reason that he fed me up? He said that I don't belong to his community and it won't go long." 

Though Shanaya was upset for her roommate, she was pondering over the reason. Community.. Really? Could it be real reason for the break up? She did not think so. Somehow she had a feeling that Mike was aware of Natey's hunger for attention from all the guys.

"Why are you not saying anything? I want you to talk to Rudra. Ask him to talk to Mike. This can't be happening with me. And yes, don't tell anyone else." Natey was blabbering continuously.

"Okay." Was all Shanaya could say. She was not good with this kind of situations.

Within 20 minutes, Natey was on call. And to Shanaya's amazement, she was already talking to other guys telling how she is single now. Not only that, she had also fixed herself a couple of dates in the coming days.

So much for losing her boyfriend and being discreet!! Was this what Rudra talking other day? She was still thinking when Natey came and handed her the phone with a meaningful look.

Though Natey left the room, Shanaya was still thinking if she should ask his help for Natey but decided to learn the situation first.

"Do you know why Mike broke up with Natey?"

"Are you seriously asking me this?"

"I know it has nothing to do with community reason."

"Mike does not say anything that does not mean he is unaware of the things Natasha is doing. The guys live in hostel and imagine how it would sound when they talk about his girlfriend and the way flirts around. Not only that, she had also started forcing him for marriage. Mike is still studying in his 3rd year, she has just started her bachelors. How do you think marriage will work? She has literally scared him off with that. Community, too, is a reason but not as important as Natasha's character."

To say Shanaya was shocked was an understatement. Marriage? Really? At this stage? Wow Natey!!

"You still there?"

"Yes! Sorry I did not know all these though I expected first reason. She was asking me to ask you to help her. I am not asking you that but she might. Just know that if any message or call goes from this end, it won't be me."

"Okay. And how about...."

With that their usual discussion started and ended after a few minutes. When Natey came, she raised an eyebrow as if asking the obvious question.

Shanaya just mentioned that Rudra had no idea about it which of course was not bought by Natey. She just glared at her, took her mobile and left.

Natey's behavior had changed towards Shanaya. The worst part being Natey had started demanding money from her. Why? Because Shanaya was receiving calls on her mobile!

"But receiving call does not charge you."

"You are too mean Shanaya. How could you just let your parents and Rudra spend money on you. Even you can call them back. It would make them feel good."

"Well, as for my parents, they are providing for me so it does not make much difference whether I call them or they call me. And regarding Rudra, its his wish to call me not mine. But just because you are too concerned, I will pay."

Money was not a matter for Shanaya but someone rubbing it on her face was something she won't tolerate. Not keeping a mobile was her choice which she still did not regret. But she regretted using Natey's though she had never asked for it.