PART- 8. The Book store

Touching you was never my intention because I knew, once I touch you I will lose myself forever...

The classes were as usual but today Shanaya was mentally absent in the class. Somehow the day had passed and most of the classmates had left. Natasha suggested approaching Rudra directly and with that they both left. When they reached his office, he signaled them to wait for 5 minutes. After sometime, Natasha got a call and she suggested leaving the campus and waiting by the restaurant nearby. Shanaya knew she needed to control herself from making a fool of herself and this waiting would give her sufficient time for that.

After some time, Rudra came and apologized for being caught up in the work and also that he could not let them wait in front of his office. He knew what his image was and he could not let the innocent Shanaya to be misunderstood. Not that she was not already being misunderstood, not because of him but because of the company she was in. He knew what guys think and talk about Natasha. And like others even he wondered about them being together. One reason could have been that they were roommates right from the beginning. But he knew that he had to motivate Shanaya on changing her company. And for that he needed her to be comfortable with him, most important, trust him.

How strange is the fact that we do not care about others' opinion but among those, there always is a person whom we want to feel good about us.

He had booked a cab for them. Natasha let Shanaya enter first and then she went inside. Finally Rudra scooted, being the gentleman here. Now Natey was in between him and Shanaya which he did not like at all. Not only that, he could feel how Natasha was taking the advantage of the situation. Sometimes, she leaned on to him completely o sometimes completely pressing her left part of the body to his. He recalled the bus ride he had with Shanaya. It was him who had tried that and poor girl had no idea about it. She just kept pressing herself more to the other side trying her best to keep the distance. And this gesture made him want her more. These were the simple things that the girls now days were lacking.

By the time they reached, he was completely exhausted. Natasha did not keep quiet at all and kept talking about herself and asked about him as if looking for a match. He tried to interact with Shanaya in between but she did not let him. After reaching to the book store there, both Natasha and Shanaya got busy in searching for Biology books. While he kept watching Shanaya's every move.

She had collected all her books that she needed and then slipped into fictional department. This caught his attention and he followed knowing that she would be alone there. He saw her entering "Love story" section and was not much surprised by that. Though she was different from other girls, she was interested in love stories but still could not pick on the hints he provided. Amazing!!

"Do you believe in love?" He whispered in her ears making her jump. Not only that, he had dared to enter her personal space, so that her back and his front were almost touching. Almost!! How much he wanted to close that few centimeters and touch her.. Wrap his arms around her waist and nibble on her ears. Another long cold shower needed tonight. He had groaned at the thought. He always wanted to get closer to her. He had taken this bold step to get reactions from her but, he unknowingly, had put himself in much more danger. He was falling, very hard and too fast.

Shanaya had jumped hard, gasping. She had not expected this, neither had seen this coming at all. He was close, no, too close. She could feel his breath and hear her heart beat pounding very fastly. She took a few steps back to get her personal space secured.

"You scared me."

"Sorry, that was unintentional and I did not know that you are that weak." He smirked at her.