Part 35: Home Sweet Home

A.N: As mentioned in previous chapters, this chapter is dedicated to ashley14543 for comments and votes.
Thank you for your interest, votes, comments n suggestions. Enjoy reading!!

Shanaya had least expected the welcome that she had received from Aalisha and her brother. And to her surprise, they all had missed her much more than she had thought. She had sensed a change of behavior in her mom's and even Alvira's nature.

Apparently her mom had cried continuously for a week worrying about her being too innocent and her survival in the cruel world. Shanaya never knew that something like that would happen. But if her mother's friends were to believe, she was a complete disaster for whole one week.

It was hardly two days since she was home that Aalisha had asked her about Rudra which made Shanaya go still for a long time.

"Did you really think that Alvira would keep a secret which she could easily use as a weapon against you? Are you really that stupid?"

Shanaya gaped at her words. This could not be!! She was betrayed again! Was she really such a fool? Aalisha knowing about Rudra meant that her mother too was aware of it. And the realization hit her too hard. Did her dad too... She panicked.

"I know you think of me as a kid even when am hardly 3-4 years younger to you. But I think am not only smarter than you but mature too. And don't worry dad doesn't know yet." Aalisha informed her.

This was a relief. But now she didn't want anything but to run away as soon as possible. She felt that her freedom was in great danger. All thanks to Alvira. She was fuming and decided to confront her.

She marched to Alvira who was in kitchen with their mom.

"Didn't I tell you to wait for a few years before spilling the beans?"

Alvira faced her in all her sly grin but before she said anything, their mother spoke:

"And did we send you there for these things?"

That was it. Shanaya was trembling with anger, frustration and betrayal that she had faced again due to her stupidity. Her eyes filled with tears and that got another smirk from Alvira, her eyes silently laughing at Shanaya.

Tears in Shanaya's eyes made their mother go soft this time. This was a sensitive case which she needed to handle with care. So she took her eldest daughter's hand and led her to a room.

"I want to know everything about the guy." She added softly.

In all her innocence, Shanaya informed her about him, not even tried to hide the history that their ancestors shared.

"Are you out of your mind? How can you do that?"

"But mom, I thought that it didn't matter much to you."

"Yes, it doesn't matter much but what about them? We ARE ready to forget that, most of us have but it's our obligation to remember it. Do you know why?"

Unknown to the facts, Shanaya just shook her head silently and her mother fumed at her..

"Because they are known to be ruthless in taking their revenge and no matter what, they TAKE their revenge at all cost. If they know about you, none of them would hesitate to kill you and you are talking about loving one of them!!"

Blood had drained from Shanaya's beautiful face. He won't do that. He wouldn't let anyone do that. There were a few things that had made Shanaya believe that Rudra would never hurt her. She recalled an instance when they both were in cab and they almost had met with an accident. At one hand, Shanaya had covered her face being scared but on another, another pair of arms had covered her trying to protect her from any harm. Rudra had thought about her before thinking about protecting himself. But she definitely could not share such instances with her mother.