Part- 3. Misunderstanding

Sometimes it's not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don't mean."
― Bob Dylan

Alvira!!

But why would she call her? She couldn't harm her over a call. Could she? You never know.. After-all, this was call from "the she- devil Alvira"!! Shanaya decided to take a chance and see where this led to.

"Am good, thanks. How about you?"

"We all are good." Silence. Then again after a few minutes,

"Wanted to talk to you di..." Silence

"I am listening. Please continue." Shanaya encouraged her little one.

"I miss you." He sister said with a deep sigh.

Wow this was new and unpredictable. She liked it too much but she could not dare to return the same emotions. But then again, Shanaya was not the one to break hearts of her loved ones..

"I miss you too."

She could feel her sister smiling genuinely.

"liar! Why would you miss me?" She had a point there.. And a valid one! Shanaya had no reason to miss her. But deep down her heart, she knew she did but had not accepted it yet. After all, she was her first friend whom she had trusted.

"Because you are my sister?"

"Always the good one huh? A perfect daughter, everyone's favorite, the popular one. I bet there also you are teacher's favorite!"

"Yeah, kind of."

"I know I have hurt you.." A little Pause ."a lot actually. But have you ever realized how much you have hurt me?"

"I am sorry if I ever..."

"Cut the crap!! You don't need to be good with me." She almost shouted. A sigh came from her and then she whispered so slowly that Shanaya could not hear it almost. Almost! "I don't deserve it."

This all was confusing for Shanaya. She had no clue where it was heading to. She also scared if this was some new trick of her sister.

"I am sorry but I am not understanding anything."

"Ah!! Playing all innocent card?? That is the worst part you know di. That you never understand anything. Just because you were good and perfect in studies and every other things you did, loving and caring to others did not mean that I too had to be the same. Because of you, just because of you, I was the bad one. Because I never liked studying at all, just because I was not as sweet as you were or that teachers always complained against me. I hated the comparison.. always!! They wanted me to be you.. Just like you. But you know what.. I hated you!!"

Revelations had shocked Shanaya to core. She knew she was hated but she never understood the reasons behind, neither did she try hard to know. Somehow she managed to ask..

"Why?"

"Because," Again a pause. " May be.. deep down, even I wanted to be like you, in your place, to be loved by all. You never knew how hard it was for me when everyone out there asked me if I were really your sister."

"That was one time thing Alvira and that too because you not only forged daddy's signature in your report card but also changed the marks! Even I was embarrassed in front of teachers because of that stupid stunt that you pulled. That was your fault completely.

"No!! That too was your fault! Not mine! Even I wanted good grades so I did that. I was jealous of you!!"

A gasp left from Shanaya's mouth at the last sentence. She took her time and then she admitted as calmly as possible: