Part 22: All for Friendship?

Friendship is the best thing in world until one starts using the other...

After having a long day, Shanaya had decided to stay in her room as usual whereas Natey had left for her spicy gossip.

Shanaya was looking at the pages of her books not capturing a single word. It was still a bold move for her the way she had replied Rudra. She was feeling content that she might have chance to make it up to him for her past behavior.

"Hey, it's for you." Natey entered the room handling her over her mobile with a wink.

"Dad?"

"No. I don't expect any call tonight and even if it is there, you can ignore it." And with that she left.

Shanaya was astonished. It could not be him already. Could it be? Her heart beat was elevated. She looked at the mobile for a few seconds and then slowly took it to her ear:

"Hello?"

"Hi Sweetheart! Thinking about me?"

"No. And am not your that thing." She said as if she meant it very seriously.

"Then in what way are you mine?" She could imagine him smirking at her.

"I am nobody's." she kept a hand on her chest as if trying to control her stupid heart which was beating frantically.

"How are your parents?"

"Good. How about yours?"

And with that for the first time she had a civilized conversation with him for hours. Talking about their family, themselves, their hobbies, likes and dislikes.

For the first time, none of them realized how long they had talked, that too without fighting.

Natey had not said anything to Shanaya, for that night but she could not hide her glares as well. It was sufficient for Shanaya to understand what she wanted. She just did not know how to convey the same to Rudra without hurting him.

Next evening, after college timing, Natey literally dragged Shanaya to meet one of their classmates, Nick whom Rudra had mocked mercilessly during their visit to the Biological Garden. Shanaya was infuriated but did not say anything since Natey had made it clear that it's her who needs to talk to him and Shanaya was there just for company.

Apparently, Shanaya had misjudged her once again. Though, Natey did most of the talking, it was clear that Nick was not interested in her and kept sending his stares to Shanaya and engaged her in all the useless conversations they were having. To her astonishment, they both had made plans to visit the Botanical garden along with another couple. In other words, they planned to have a double date. Shanaya kept wondering about Mike's reaction once he came to know about it. While leaving, Nick had not only winked at Shanaya but had also told her that he missed her a lot. Poor girl was wondering what she had done to get such reactions from him. When they separated even before she could utter a word, Natey said curtly:

"No need to tell about this to anyone, not even Mike or Rudra."

"Are you serious about Mike?" Shanaya could not stop herself from asking this question once again.

"He is serious about me. And except that it does not matter."

"But Nate...."

"It's one life Shanaya, enjoy it. Loose it a bit. Why are you so tightened up? I am just trying to have fun."

Shanaya sighed and dropped the topic there itself.

Tonight.... She thought, she had to convey Rudra that they could not talk so long.