Part 15

She marched towards him furiously and then stopped all of a sudden. As on cue, Rudra turned to see a furious, confused and then embarrassed Shanaya. As if reading her mind, he smirked at her when she looked back at him and then her gaze shifted Mike and Natey who had came back to join Rudra, standing at a ice cream counter. She felt embarrassed at her own thinking and composed herself being happy and disappointed at the same time that she would not be with Rudra any longer. She joined them and Rudra asked her:

"Which ice cream do you want?" with his remarkable smirk plastered at his face.

She did not know how he knew that she would love having an ice cream. He did not even ask if she would have, instead he asked which one she would like. She was pleased.

"Hot chocolate fudge." She said without looking at the menu. Her mood was already uplifted. Mike guided her and Natey to a table. It was then she observed that Natey was blushing furiously. She was all smiling and dreamy. When she looked at Mike, even he was giving Natey a weird look. Something had happened between them.

"I will be back in a minute." Mike said and went back to Rudra.

Shanaya took the opportunity and asked Natey:

"What has happened to you and where did you two go?"

"Shh.. You are such a tube light. I will tell you later. They are coming." And with that they both fell silent.

When Mike came back, he had two ice creams in his hands. And he was followed by Rudra. They both sat opposite to Shanaya and Natey.

And Shanaya could not even realize how her time spent. Though somewhere she was both relieved but yet missed being alone with Rudra but she also knew that it was not good for her health especially when Rudra belonged to an orthodox family. She was so busy with her own thoughts that she did not even observe Rudra stealing a few glances at her but rest of them did.

In evening, Shanaya and Natasha were having their evening refreshments after their day out. Shanaya assessed Natey's mood and started the conversation.

"Where did you two disappear today?"

"Just to have some privacy Shane.." Natey replied dreamily.

"Privacy? What did you want to talk about?"

"Not for talking, but for some action."She winked at her. And then laughed seeing a quizzical expression on Shanaya's face.

'"Oh God!! Okay tell me Shanaya, what would you do if you are locked up with Rudra in a room?" and then she slowly added emphasizing the word, "Alone?"

"What?? But why would I be locked up alone with him?"

"Ugh! Just tell me what you will do?" Natasha started getting annoyed at this.

"Nothing, try opening the door and run away as soon as possible and as far as possible." Natasha gasped at her response.

"Why would you do that?"

"He is a player. I don't want to be near him anytime."

"Do you know he has never ever let any girl come closer to him? Or that he has never ever kissed any girl so far though the girls would like to sleep with him. Its just that he does not bother to clear up the rumors that these girls spread."

"And how do you know these things?"

"Mike told me. Apparently, there IS a girl who has caught his attention for the first time."

"Oh!" was all Shanaya could utter, feeling a weird pain in her chest. She started feeling uneasy all of a sudden, not understanding the reason.

"I... kissed Mike today and.." Natasha said out of the blue, her face flushed with crimson cheeks.

"What??!!" Shanaya asked in horror, eyes widened and completely in disbelief.

"Hush!! Don't make it an issue and don't tell anyone. I wanted to try a few things with him." She added blushing.

"Are you serious with him?"

"He is." Came her flat response.

"Oh!" was all Shanaya could say not understanding the equation Natasha and Mike shared. But she had other important things to think about or better try to forget about.

Why was Rudra being overfriendly with her if he was not a player?

Friendly? He clearly said that he had no intentions of being friends with her.

And then who was this mysterious girl who had caught his attention. Might be someone from the new college.

And then again she felt her heart sinking at the thought of him leaving. She was confused about the way she was feeling. She closed her eyes tightly, took a few deep breaths in order to calm herself and concluded that it would be for best if he moves to other college ASAP. If he is not here, she would be able to think properly and clearly. Also, it would be good if he is with someone so that he would stop torturing her with his weird ways. But then why the thought was unsettling.

She felt as if someone was shaking her.

"What?" She looked at Natasha who was shaking her shoulders.

"What what Shane? I have been talking to you from past five minutes and you are not responding at all. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. What were you asking?"

"About Rudra and assignment."

"Oh shit! I completely forgot the assignment." And she almost ran to get the books and sheets.

And with that the dreadful topic was closed.

________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the votes and comments :) Please do more of it ;)

By the way who could be the mysterious girl Shanaya is thinking about? ;)