30.

This chapter was just so great I couldn't wait to post it!

30. Just Remember If It Bounces, Go With It

"Alright, we'll be back later babe" Carter comes over to kiss my forehead.

"No"

"What?" He asks.

"No! You're leaving again. You invited me on this trip saying you wanted to be with me but you've left at this time every night we've been here and you don't come back until late" I frown.

"Brogan" He sighs.

"Gosh what is it now?" I huff "I'll end up hurting myself?" I mock him "I'm a fucking big girl and I know how to handle my own"

"No, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is there's a lot you don't know about me and I don't want you to find out" He clenches his jaw.

"Then why'd you even ask me to come?" I yell, and he huffs rolling his eyes.

"Go" He points to the door "You better follow after the boys before I change my mind" He closes his eyes and I smile in accomplishment as I run out to the truck, climbing in beside Zach.

"So he's letting you go? That's surprising" AC chuckles.

"Well I mean, I wear the pants" I joke.

"I'd believe it" AC smiles. Carter storms out of the house and we drive to wherever the hell we're going.

"What is this place?" I ask as we park in front of a trailer, all I see are old cars however they're the good kind and large trailers. Everyone ignores my question and climb out of the car.

"Carter, nice to see you. You're in line 3, and you'll be racing line 4 so be ready" Some guy comes over, shaking Carter's hand.

"Racing?" My jaw drops "Carter do you eve-" He pinches my lips shut to keep me quiet.

"You wanted to come here remember"

"It's dange-"

"Shh, Baby Girl" He pulls me into him "I'll be alright" He coos, his head flicking to the trailer as he looks at Zach.

"Hey, can you two go and see how far back in the line my car is?" He asks Rob and AC. They nod and walk away down the hill.

"I'll be right back" He says following Zach to the trailer. Obviously I wasn't going to just let him walk away, I was curious and wanted to know what him and Zach were going to talk about. I walked over to the door, careful to not be seen.

"I don't know man, I'm actually worried" Carter sighs "This car just isn't right"

"Everything will be fine" Zach reassures "Just remember if it bounces, go with it"

"But that's the thing, if it bounces, I know I'll lose control. This car isn't ready for this" Carter says, fear in his voice.

"You got this" Zach says, I hurry back over to Carter's truck, leaning against it and kicking rocks.

"Babe, you're going to stay with the guys. Don't go anywhere unless one of them are with you. Don't talk to anyone you don't know understood?"

"Yes father" I roll my eyes and Carter huffs.

"I'm just worried about you"

"Don't be, I'm fine" I shake my head.

"Lines 3 and 4 get ready, we're coming down to our last race from lines 1 and 2" A voice says over the intercom.

"Wish me luck" Carter buries his face in my neck.

"Good luck" I run my fingers through his hair "I love you so so much" I kiss his neck.