70.

Thank you so much for 18K

I don't have school today so hopefully I will update all my stories, because I may have to be inactive, or slightly inactive for the rest of February because I have this English project to do and I have to read a whole book in two weeks. But I might not...

This chapter is short and kind of shitty, but the next chapter was supposed to be this one, but like I needed some Brogan and Dylan action.

70. What Could It Hurt?

"Hey, come in" I smile at Dylan. He walks in, kissing my cheek quickly before walking into my living room.

"Hey Dylan" Oliver waves "I'm going to Margret's so I'll see you later"  

"Bye" I smile.

I walk into my living room and take a seat next to Dylan on the couch. I lay my legs over his lap and place my books on my thighs "Okay so what first?" I ask.

"I have a biology exam tomorrow" 

"I do too" I huff. Since it's the last week before winter break we have finals all this week, so Dylan came over to study with me. I pull out my biology notebook and read the study guide. 

"So the vocab first I guess" I shrug, and look up once I don't get an answer from him. He staring at me intently, his head turning away quickly, an awkward cough leaving his mouth.

"Sorry" He shakes his head, turning his attention to the book in his lap.

"So yes?" 

"Yes to what?" 

"Vocab first" I laugh.

"Oh yeah, sure" He nods.

"You okay? You're acting weird today" 

"Yeah, I'm fine" He nods.

"Alright, well, what's mitosis?" 

"Isn't that where two cells divide and get the same number and type of cells from the parent cell?" 

"Yeah" I nod, after looking at the definition. We study for a while longer, until we finish and turn on a movie. I lay my head on Dylan's shoulder as he wraps his arm around me. 

"So what are you doing for winter break?" Dylan asks.

"I'm going back home to Miami" I shrug "What are you doing?"

"I think I'm staying here, don't really want to go home" He shrugs.

"Well you could come out to Miami whenever" I smile.

"I'll think about it" He kisses my cheek.

"I'm hungry, and I want Chinese food" 

"That sounds amazing" Dylan says.

"I'll go pick it up" I say "I'll be back" I slide on a pair of shoes and walk to the chinese place down the street, since of course, Oliver had the car. When I get there, I order and sit down on the booth in the waiting area.

"Hey" 

"Oh, hi" I smile at Austin as he sits down "How are you?" 

"I'm good, tired from studying" He chuckles "How are you?" 

"The same, studying is the most boring thing ever" I laugh "Are you going back to Miami for winter break?"

"Yeah, I'm leaving this Thursday after my final" 

"I wanted to leave this Wednesday because that's when my last final is, but Oliver wants to stay with his girlfriend for a few days" I huff.

"Well, if you want you can drive back with me" He offers "What could it hurt?" He shrugs.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother" 

"I dated you for nearly a year, you're not a bother" He laughs.

"Okay" I nod, and the guy at the front calls out a number.

"Cool, I'll see you Friday then" He smiles, standing up and walking to the counter to get his food. I watch as he walks out to his car, opening the passenger seat. I watch as he hands Aspen the food, leaving a kiss to her lips before he walks to the drivers side. I feel a pain in my chest, as I thought about how that used to be me, and how I don't know if it ever will be again. 

I hear my number being called and I walk up to the counter and get my food, carrying it back to my apartment. As I walk I think about what I could possibly doing wrong with Dylan. We've been on multiple dates, a lot of them and they were all great, at least I think so. But anyways, he has yet to ask me to be anything more. Around his friends I'm still considered his friend and it bothers me, because I don't want to be just his friend. 

When I reach my apartment I walk in, and carry the stuff to my living room "Guess who I saw at the Chinese place" I sit down, taking out all the cartons of food.

"Who?"

"Austin, he was with his girlfriend, but she was in the car" 

"Oh, that's awkward" He chuckles.

"Eh, he's a friend now so I guess it's not that creepy. He offered to drive me home to Miami" 

"And what did you say?" 

"I said okay, it gets me home faster" I shrug.

"Oh, I called my brother and told him I'd be a little later than usual so maybe I can visit you a couple days, but I have Saturday classes instead of Sunday"

"Okay, well I'm leaving Thursday" 

"I'll most likely be there. I don't know for sure" He says.

"Okay, that's fine" I smile.

:::

Light my words with kerosene!

That's a lyric from Beartooth :)

I'm sorry this is short but I love you guys.

Bad_Boy_Hemmo