Chapter One

A/N: This story is currently under EXTREME re-edits as I finish out the last couple of chapters. Please disregard any confusing plot holes that may arise. For they shall be fixed in the future, so calm your toots. Hope you all enjoy the story!!

Violet

As I place my fake glasses on the table and pull on the ski mask over my head, I stare at myself in the mirror. I've never let the crowd see my face but they always go crazy when they see me, Mike says it's because I have a killer body. I guess I can't disagree with him there.

Tonight I'm supposed to be fighting the Knight. He's the only illegal street fighter that may pose as a threat to me because although I'm undefeated, so is he. I've never been to any of his matches but word on the street is he fights in only his boxer to psych out his male competitors and the people in the crowd go crazy about it. I myself fight in my sports bra, sweat pants, and of course my trusty old ski mask.

It's kind of an unspoken rule to wear a ski mask in this league. You don't want someone snitching on you and having the police get involved but for some people, like me, you can't afford to get caught.

"You ready?" Mike, my 'manager' asks. Mike is a real buff guy with an indigo Mohawk and tons of tattoos. I nod at him and he gives me a pat on the shoulder. "Remember, this guy is undefeated but I was at his last fight. He got cut real bad right below his abdomen-" Mike lifts his shirt and points to the spot he's talking about. "If worse comes to worse a swift kick right there might reopen the wound and he'll probably go down."

I nod again and he just smiles at me. Mike knows how serious I get before matches.

"Good evening ladies and gentleman!" Mike and I hear the booming voice of the host and we quickly left my dressing room to go take our places.

"Fighting tonight-" the host shouts as I peer through the curtains to see the biggest crowd I've ever seen. I guess the two most undefeated people in the league fighting is pretty big. "Ooooonnn this side, one hundred and thirty eight pounds of fury and five foot seven inches of anger is none other than the currently undefeated...Lioness!"

I push out of the curtains and jog out high fiving screaming fans before stopping right next to the host.

"And in this corner!" The host begins again, "Two hundred and forty two pounds of pure muscle and six feet of madness is out other currently undefeated competitor...the Knight!"

I look towards the other curtain as the crowd erupts in screams expecting to see some super buff guy with a hairy chest come running out. But I'm thoroughly surprised when the person runs out, although he does have a very lean muscular chest, he looks to be a little younger than I expected. At least now I can indeed confirm the rumor that he does play in his underwear.

"Alright we want a clean match," the ref says running up to us and saying that even though he knows most of our matches are almost never clean. "Shake hands."

I take a step closer to Knight and shove my hand out. I feel a jolt of electricity run through my hand when it touches his. I instantly look up into his eyes only to see him already looking into mine.

Wait...I've seen those eyes before.

I shove the thought into the back of my mind and quickly pull my hand away from his. I can't be thinking about this stuff right before a match. The sound of the host talking again pulls me from my thoughts.

"Tonight during this historical battle one will walk out undefeated. One will win this fight. One one...can be the champion!"

The screams of the crows bounce off the walls as Knight and I take our positions. I look up into his eyes and why does it feel like he's smirking at me through his mask right now?