Chapter Thirty Six

A/N: That's Bazzi off to the side. I'm going to see him in concert because he's opening for Camila Cabello so I'm super happy cause I get to see both of them and I love them so much. It's gonna be a good ass concert. If anyone's gonna see her in Chicago on April 22nd hit me up XD. Happy reading. 

Violet

"This isn't Miles."

As soon as the words slip from the familiar sounding voice on the other end of the line, my mind immediately jumps to a million different possibilities. It takes me a moment though before I fully recognize the voice, leaving me even more confused about what could possibly be going on. 

"Mom?" I ask questioningly. "What are you doing calling me from Miles' phone? Where's Angie at?"

"She's in the living room with Miles," she says raspily. "Violet, I need you to come back right now."

"How did you find us?" I growl into the phone. "You better not have touched either of them. Where's Carlos at?"

"I would never hurt Angela," she says sounding slightly offended. "Just come back. I can't tell you over the phone."

Before I can relent any further she hangs up the phone and leaves me standing there with nothing but questions running through my head. What is my mother doing at Trevor's house? And could she have possibly just led Carlos straight to us? Her wanting me to go back could all be some clever ploy that Carlos came up with just to lure me in. But would Carlos really use my mom for that and would she be willing enough to go along with it? 

It certainly wouldn't be too hard to believe that she'd do something like that to us. 

We're talking about the same woman who left her twelve year old daughter at home alone to watch her five year old daughter for a week while she went off and got drunk with her boyfriend. The same woman who would've let us a starve, and we would have, if I hadn't become such an expert shoplifter when I needed to. The same woman who couldn't even bother to look at me for so long after my father died that I started to question whether or not she even wanted to be my mother any longer. 

"What was that about?" Trevor asks, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. 

"My mom is at your house," I hand him his phone back and turn around to start making the trek back towards Trevor's neighborhood. "She wants to talk to me."

"Wait what?" Trevor walks around me, grabbing my wrist to stop me from moving any further. "And you're just gonna go back there? What if this is just some sort of trap and she's leading you right to Carlos?"

"Then that means that Carlos is there with Angie," I say pushing passed Trevor. "And I'd rather stumble into whatever he's planning than leave her there alone with him."

"She's not alone," Trevor says encouragingly as he follows behind me. "Miles is still there."