Chapter Forty Four

Violet

I take a deep breath before quickly stuffing the empty syringe back into Trevor's bag and lifting it over my shoulder. Bringing this stuff in here may very well be just as dangerous as actually taking it. Steroids are very highly frowned upon in this league and would surely do nothing but damage Trevor's and even my own reputation.

I make my way out of the room, almost breaking into a sprint but slowing down because I don't want anyone to become suspicious. Everyone is already focused in on the next fights that have begun, paying little attention to me as I slip through. I look around, easily spotting Trevor as he stands alone at the other side of the room, cradling his hand. I clench my jaw as soon as I see him, walking over and grabbing his hand and pulling him along behind me. I purposefully squeeze his hand harder than need be and feel him flinch away from me. 

"Ouch," he says yanking his hand away from me.  I don't bother looking behind me to make sure that he's following me because I already know that he is. "Why are we in such a rush? I wanted to stay and watch the other fights."

I don't say anything to him as we make our way up the stairs and outside of the arena. I jog across the street, hearing the sounds of Trevor's footsteps echo up and down the empty street as he follows behind me. I climb into the passenger's side of the car and slam the door behind me. I take a few deep breaths, leaning forward and resting my head on the top of Trevor's bag. I pull my mask off of my head, suddenly hating the feeling of it. 

Taking my own bag off and throwing it into the back seat, I watch as Trevor climbs into the car and casts a look of confusion in my direction. He looks down at his bruised hands before looking back up at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks slowly slipping his mask off, his hair flaring around in all different directions. 

"I don't think you understand how much shit you could've just put us in,"I say slowly. I'm trying to be calculated about how I say this to him, hoping that perhaps this is all some poor misunderstanding but also knowing that it's more than likely not. "You could've screwed both of us over in there."

"I..." he pauses for a moment in thought. "Don't know what you're talking about. I've been a good boy lately, I haven't done anything wrong."

I take another deep breath, shaking my head as I reach into his bag and pull out the syringe. I look back up at him, both eyebrows raised in accusation. Trevor's eyes widen as soon as his eyes settle on the object I'm holding in my hand. 

"What the fuck were you doing in my bag?" Trevor asks angrily, he snatches the bag and the syringe away from me and quickly shove the syringe back into it. He zips up the bag and doesn't say anything, as though if he stays quiet then he doesn't have to answer to me.

"Why the fuck does it matter?" I growl at him. "Are you actually an idiot or do you just like to do stupid things? Why are you taking steroids? Do you even know how much shit this could get the both of us in?"

"You just don't get it," Trevor says shaking his head at me with a forlorn look on his face. "Violet, I had to-"