TWO

The next morning the girl woke up before her roommates and began dressing in her uniform. She needed to find her way to the owlery. After getting lost on the stairs, she finally found it. She found one of the school's owls and attached her letter to it and watched it fly away. She made her way back to Gryffindor tower just as everyone was beginning to wake up.

   The first years were to stay and wait for the prefects to take them to the great hall for breakfast. She walked next to Hermione, following behind their prefect. When they arrived, Evelyn spotted her brother at the Slytherin table with his two new goons, Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle. The Twins' eyes met before Draco changed his focus. The girl sighed and sat across from Harry and next to Ron. Hermione sat next to Harry. A couple of first year Slytherins walked past them.

"Look it's the Malfoy girl. I wonder what bet she lost. Poor thing has to sit by a Weasley and a mudblood." Evelyn eyed the Slytherins as they walked away.

"They raised a good point. Why are you sitting here? You're a Malfoy. Isn't this against everything your parents stand for?" Ron questioned her. "Or is this some practical joke you and your slimy twin thought of? Let me guess you left our train car and tried to figure out the best way to curse us." She ducked her head and wiped away a tear before running out of the great hall. On her way out she caught her brother's gaze.

"Why'd you do that?" Harry questioned his friend.

"It's obvious she's playing us Harry. You don't know her family. They're followers of you know who. She's just a spy."

"I think she truly wanted to be your friend. She probably didn't expect this, and just wanted to be treated normally. She probably didn't want her blood status to define her." Hermione piped in. "I'd imagine many of us would feel the same way."

"Why don't you stick your nose in someone else's business?" With a hmph, Hermione raised her book to shield her from Ron and left the conversation. "The Malfoy's are followers of you know who, Harry. Draco already displayed his arrogance last night." What Ron failed to see was Draco creeping up behind him.

"Nice to know I've made a reputation," Draco smirked. "But from now on, keep my name out of your mouth, weasel. Now, which one of caused my sister to run out of here crying?" He ordered.

"Why don't you go find her instead of wasting our time." Ron said.

"Im guessing it was you, Weasley. There's a reason my family stays away from your kind. Next time I see her running from you, my father will hear about it." Draco walked away and slipped out of the Great Hall unnoticed. He was heading for his sister, knowing she need help.

Evelyn ran until she found a bathroom, which happened to be on the second floor. She didn't understand how much Ron's character had changed in the night. She thought of all people, he would understand what it was like being a pure blood who didn't think they were better than anyone based on blood status. She should have known better. The only kids willing to befriend her would be those who's parents also served the dark lord. Hogwarts was a disaster, so far. She went to open a stall when to her surprise a ghost flew out of it. She let out a scream, which was not normal for her. Her brother heard it and ran to her.

"Evelyn!" He yelled running in.

"Do you truly think I'm that ugly to scream." The ghost girl asked her. Evelyn shook her head no.

"Who are you?" Her brother asked.

"Myrtle. And who are you two?"

"Draco and Evelyn Malfoy." Draco said with pride.

"Malfoy's!" She screamed and went down her toilet. Even the ghost knew of their family reputation.

"Evelyn what happened? Who made you cry?"