THIRTY-ONE

The days leading up to Harry's hearing were spent decontaminating the house. Evelyn's biggest job was shutting Mrs. Black up every time the doorbell rang. Harry was even more worried, as Evelyn seemed to eat less and less. He tried to push it away, but he couldn't.

   The night before Harry's hearing was stressful. Tension spread thickly through the environment. Sirius was upset about not being able to escort Harry. Mrs. Weasley informed Harry and Evelyn that they were going to go with Arthur and wait with him until the hearing.

   Once they were sent to bed, Evelyn creeped out into the hallway and made her way to Harry and Ron's room. She knocked and waited until Harry opened it. Shocked to see her, he began blushing.

"E-Evelyn? What are you doing?"

"I need to talk to you." She said. He nodded and looked around. He motioned her inside and Ron left the room.

"What's going on?"

"Listen, I know what's going to happen at your hearing. I need you to do whatever you feel like doing. Don't let me knowing what happens get in the way. You need to trust me on this."

"Okay. I trust you."

"Good. Everything will be fine. My father's high up in the ministry so they'll take my word for anything. Whatever I say, they'll believe."

"Don't turn on me now." He joked and she laughed. He smiled at her laugh. It was the first time since the graveyard incident since she laughed. Ron walked back in.

"Alright, lovebirds. Times up."

"Goodnight Ron. Goodnight Harry." They responded and she left.

"What's going on between you two?" Ron asked.

"Nothing!" Harry protested but Ron didn't budge.

"You like her." Ron concluded.

"I like her." Harry responded before siting on his bed.

"I'm worried about her. She's so thin now. It's unhealthy."

"Everyone is. It's getting worse."

"We can't just go up and tell her."

"Maybe we can get one of her friends to. You know, Jasmine or Diane."

"Maybe." He laid down and soon fell asleep.

   Evelyn woke up at 5 am and got up. She saw Mrs. Weasley had ironed her clothes for the day. She went to the bathroom and did everything she needed to do in there. She put on minimal makeup, as this was an important event. Her mother always said that looking your best helps you do your best. Evelyn put on her outfit. She had a white button up and a pencil skirt. She slipped the ring her parents got her after the first task and a pair of earrings. She grabbed heels and walks down stairs. She had her shoes in one hand and her wand in the other.

   She walked into the kitchen and saw Mr

   She walked into the kitchen and saw Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Sirius, Tonks, and Lupin. She sat down and moments later, Harry walked in wearing a button up and nice pants. He had a tie around his neck incorrectly tied. Mrs. Weasley went to start breakfast as Harry and Tonks talked. The two asked for toast. For once Evelyn ate more than Harry. Once they were done they stood in the hallway waiting.

"Harry, there's no easy way to say this. You're a mess. Let me help."

   She undid his tie and put it around her neck. She made him tuck it in. She fixed his cuffs and straightened certain parts. Then she took his tie from her neck, and put it around his. She tied it correctly and adjusted it.

"Sorry, it's just the nerves. I know how to tie a tie, but..."

"I know." She said. She loomed over him in the shoes she chose.

   They stood there until Mr. Weasley came out. Mrs. Weasley handed the teens their coats and sent them all out the door. She slipped her wand into the pocket inside her coat. They went down to take an underground train. Evelyn tried to contain her excitement in hopes not to share the same grin that Mr. Weasley had. Harry helped with the money and they boarded.

   Once off the train they walked to a old telephone box. They squeezed into it. Me. Weasley dialed a set of numbers and a woman's voice was heard.

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and business." the woman said. 

   Mr. Weasley explained to the woman. She told them to take the badges that came from the metal shoot returned coins appeared from. Evelyn's said, Evelyn Malfoy, Disciplinary Hearing Witness. They then began to sink into the ground. Finally the door opened and they all stepped out. The two were required to present their wands at the security desk. They walked to the desk. Evelyn gave her wand to the worker first.

"10 3/4 inches, Phoenix feather core. Been in use 4 years. That correct?"

"Yes sir." She said. He handed her her wand back.

   Harry handed his to the man. Once Harry got his back, Mr. Weasley rushed the two away. They merged in with all the other wizards. They made their way into one of the lifts. They waited until they made it to level two. They walked through the Aurors office. Mr. Weasley and Kingsley Shacklebolt had a conversation before they made their way to Mr. Weasley's small office. Everything was fine until a the man who shared the office with Mr. Weasley came in and informed them Harry's hearing had been changed.

The hearing is up next and I'm super excited for you guys to see how involved Evelyn is in it

The hearing is up next and I'm super excited for you guys to see how involved Evelyn is in it. Also, thank to all who vote and comment on my story. It always makes my day if I see you guys reaching out with my story. Remember, I'm always here for you guys. If you ever need someone to talk to, message me and I'll be glad to talk to you.

             ~Kenzie