TEN

After a week of studying dragons, and figuring out the best ways to get the egg, it came the time for the first task. The three Hogwarts champions matched uniforms. The only difference were the colors; Harry and Evelyn wore Gryffindor colors and Cedric wore Hufflepuff colors.

All the champions were in a tent together. Evelyn was sitting on a bed reading about the different types of dragons as she saw Harry motion her over. She got up and walked to him.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"Nervous. Does anyone else know...?"

"I told Cedric. Hagrid went and took me to see them. Madame Maxine and Karkaroff have seen them too, so I assume that they know too."

"How are you feeling?" She asked him.

"Nervous too. And also terrified."

"Champions! Gather round!" Ludo bagman said coming in the tent. All five champions came and circled around him.

"Now, it is almost time for you to start the first task. Your goal is to capture the golden egg. In this bag is a smaller version of what you'll be up against. Ladies first." He went to Evelyn and opened the bag. She reached in and grabbed her dragon.

"Ah, the Antipodean Opaleye." The dragon had shimmering scales and breathed a vivid scarlet flame. Around its neck was the number five. He went on to Fleur until Harry was the last one.

"What number is yours? Harry asked Evelyn.

"Five."

"I'm four." The two sat next to each other until the time came for Harry to go and fight the dragon.

"Good luck." Evelyn said hugging him tightly. He was shocked, but hugged her back. Harry waved and walked out of the tent. Evelyn began pacing and worrying about Harry. Finally, her name was called. She walked out and onto the field.

   All around her was rocky terrain. She remembered the spells she had practiced and looked around for the dragon. She spotted the dragon and breathed in.

"Accio Firebolt!" She knew flying would give her an bit of an advantage. After a minute the broom came to her. She mounted it and flew up.

   She spotted the egg and saw the dragon circling it. Ludo Bagman's commentary fired up the dragon. Evelyn thought it was odd that the dragon would turn every time it heard noise.

"For all you wondering why this dragon seems so jumpy, she happens to be blind, so her sense of smell and hearing is extremely high. This could be something Evelyn can use to her advantage, or make her easier to target." Evelyn slowly flew close to the dragon until it let out a huge flame. Evelyn thought for a second until she remembered reading about a spell. She closed her eyes hoping it would work.

"Bombarda!" She cast pointing her wand to the other end of the field. The dragon let out a large flame in the direction of the small explosion. Realizing it worked Evelyn cast it again in the same spot.

"Bombarada!" The dragon once again attacked the area with its firey breath.

"It seems she is trying to lure the beast the the other side of the field." Evelyn continued casting the spell until the dragon finally ran to the spot.

Evelyn quickly flew down the egg. She got off and went to grab the egg when the dragon realized it had been tricked. Evelyn panicked seeing the dragon coming towards her when she had an idea.

"Diminundo!" She cast at the egg. The egg shrunk and Evelyn picked it up and put it in her pocket before mounting her broom in just enough time. She flew up above the dragon before it released its scarlet flame once more.