TWENTY-ONE

The next few days Harry and Evelyn had spent together, inside the castle. Harry got a letter from Sirius telling him to stay in the castle and not sneak out at night. Evelyn had been keeping him company, as she usually stayed in the castle by herself. The two started looking up spells in the library and practicing together, sometimes with Ron and Hermione, in abandon classrooms. The only bad part about practicing certain spells was that a sacrifice needed to be made. As in, one of the four had to be the test dummy.

"Can't we kidnap Mrs. Norris?" Ron asked after he had been stunned a few times by Harry.

"Let's stun her for a bit. Or you could use Dobby, I bet he'd do anything to help either of you. I'm not complaining or anything, but I'm aching all over..."

"Well, you keep missing the pillows, don't you! Just try and fall backward!" Hermione lectured him. Evelyn stood awkwardly next to Harry. She didn't like yelling and confrontation very much. It reminded her too much of her father when he would yell at her.

"Once your stunned, you can't aim too well, Hermione! Why don't you take a turn?"

"Well, I think Harry and Evelyn have it down. We don't have to worry about disarming, you both have been doing that for ages. I think we ought to start on some of these hexes this evening." She pulled out a list of hexes that Evelyn had never seen. She assumed that Hermione had delved into all the spell books to find them.

"I like the look of this one, this Impediment curse. Should slow down anything that's trying to attack you. We'll start with that one." Just then the bell rang. The four shoved the cushions into the cupboard and walked out of the classroom.

"See you at dinner!" Hermione told Evelyn and the boys before heading off to Arithmancy. The three walked to Divination and Evelyn was not looking forward to it.

   Though Evelyn was a seer, Professor Trelawney refused to acknowledge her as one. Once she had yelled at her in front  of the class because she could not figure out how to use the crystal ball.

"Evelyn Malfoy, you are a fraud! You may think you possess the inner eye, but you don't! You're silly drawings are all fake! A true seer can use any method to see the future. All you do is wait for it to come to you, and then draw a pretty little picture." The professor had told her. That day Evelyn ran out the classroom to avoid any more yelling. She still took the class for a very odd reason.

"My dears, we have almost finished our work on planetary Divination. Today, however, will be an excellent opportunity to examine the effects of Mars, for he is placed most interestingly at the present time. If you will all look this way, I will dim the lights..." with a wave of her wand, all the lights but the fire were out. As she pulled a model of the solar system out, Evelyn began to daze off.

   She never was one to not pay attention in class, no matter how much she liked it or disliked it. Before she knew it, she had began drawing, letting herself loose control. She was so into her drawing, she didn't notice her best friend, clutching his scar on the floor of the classroom. When she finally snapped back into reality, she saw her drawing. The back of a chair was centered and there were two objects in front of the chair; A snake and man. A wand was extended past the chair and was held by a sickly, thin white hand. The man looked to be in pain. Then she noticed Harry. The professor kept pressuring him of what he saw.

"I don't want to see anything except a headache cure." He said getting up. Evelyn stood up and grabbed her things.

"Where do you think you're going?" Professor Trelawney asked her.

"Well, Harry is in a lot of pain, and I, as one of his best friends, cannot let him go to the hospital wing by himself. I also have a special permission from Professor Dumbledore to report to his office when I draw something subconsciously." Evelyn calmly explained.