TWENTY-TWO

Time went extremely fast leading up to the third task. Ron and Hermione had basically dropped everything to help Harry and Evelyn. They would practice hexes where ever they could until Professor McGonagall let them use her classroom during lunches. They had mastered many spells throughout their training. Evelyn was extremely nervous. This was her chance to prove to herself to her father. Maybe, just maybe, he could truly be proud to call her his daughter.

On the day of the third task everyone was excited. Many people wished Evelyn good luck. Her and Harry got a good luck message from Sirius as well. At breakfast Hermione's copy of the Daily Prophet arrived. Then, across from the room, Draco yelled to Harry.

"Hey, Potter! Potter! How's your head? You feeling all right? Sure your not going to go berserk on us?" He was holding a copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Let me see it." He told Ron. Ron didn't seem to want to give it to him.

"Give it here." Reluctantly, Ron gave Harry the paper. Evelyn looked at it and read the headline: HARRY POTTER DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS. Evelyn scoffed.

"God she's petty." She said before taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. Once Harry finished the article he lightly folded it.

"What'd she claim this time?" Evelyn asked him.

"Apparently I'm delusional for thinking my scar hurts. But that's normal. Also they called you a lost puppy dog, following me for attention and that I somehow convinced you to enter your name in the tournament. You're also delusional too. It says that your drawings are a way to make people think your special."

"Nice as usual." There was a bit of an argument between Harry and Hermione before Hermione rushed off to the library.

"Potter, Malfoy, the champions are congregating in the chamber off the Hall after breakfast." Professor McGonagall said after approaching them.

"But the task's not till tonight!" Harry said a bit freaked.

"I'm aware of that, Potter. The champion's families are invited to watch the final task, you know. This is simply a chance for you to greet them." She walked away and Harry gaped after her.

"She doesn't expect the Dursley's to show up, does she?" He asked the two.

"Dunno. I'd better hurry, I'm going to be late for Binns. See you later." Ron left.

"I'd like to apologize now for my father." Evelyn told Harry. He nodded and they finished their breakfast.

The two got up and headed to the side chamber, along with the other champions. Evelyn could tell Harry didn't want to go, and neither did she. She didn't want to have to hear her father threaten her to win. She had had enough of getting letters from him saying that she must win. When the two walked in Evelyn was met with a surprise.

"Mother?" She saw her mother, smiling at her. Evelyn smiled and ran over and hugged her mother. She looked over and saw Harry with Ron's mother and what looked to be one of his brother's

"I'm so proud of you, Evelyn. No matter what happens tonight, know that." Her said, guilt flashing in her eyes.

"Mother, what's going on?" Her mother leaned in.

"Your father will not be able to watch you tonight. I want you to be prepared. I trust you know many hexes by now?"

"Yes, but why..."

"Do not hesitate to use them on anyone. Even... even your father." She whispered the last part.

"But you said he's not..."