EIGHTEEN

Evelyn spent the last days until the task brewing her potion. On the night before she had added the last ingredient and was supposed to let it sit for an hour. She had two hours until curfew so she decided to wander the castle. After a bit of walking she found her brother.

"Draco!" She called out and walked towards him. They hugged and began to walk around.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her.

"Nervous, but nothing can be worse than a dragon, right?"

"You're going to do great. You're in first place already."

"Yeah, but you never know. Something could happen leaving me in last place."

"Mr. Malfoy, there you are. You are needed in Dumbledore's office." Professor McGonagall said. The twins hugged.

"See you tomorrow." He told his sister. She watched him walk off before heading back to her common room. Everyone there wished her good luck as she headed up to bed.

She awoke the next morning to hear Lavender and Pavarti talking. She looked to the bed next to her's and saw it had been untouched from the night before. She knew Hermione was helping Harry that night in the library, but it was odd that she didn't come back. It was also odd that her brother was called to Dumbledore's office.

After getting changed into her swimwear, putting on clothes over, and grabbing her potion, she headed down to the great hall. She looked around and saw her brother was not down yet. Neither was Harry or Ron. She was hoping Harry would be there so that she could ask where Hermione was.

"Evelyn!" She turned and saw Jasmine at the Gryffindor table, along with Diane, Ginny, and Neville. She headed towards them and sat down next to Jasmine.

"How are you feeling?" Diane asked.

"Pretty good." They all talked together while eating. Everyone but Evelyn had headed down to the lake. She was waiting for Harry. Suddenly he came running in.

"Harry where have you been? And where's Hermione? She didn't come back last night..."

"They took her. And Ron. The thing they took, it's not an item, it's a person." Everything then suddenly made sense.

"We have to hurry and get to the lake or we'll be late." While on their way Harry briefly explained falling asleep in the library and being woken up by Dobby.

"He gave me something called gillyweed." Harry said as they were running.

"That's what I've got, but in the form of a potion I brewed. It makes the gillyweed taste better." They had finally arrived at the lake.

"Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One...two...three!"

In an instant the champions striped of their clothes revealing their swim wear. Evelyn grabbed her potions and drank all of it before running into the cold water. Once she reached knee length the potion began to work. She suddenly could not breathe before feeling pain on both sides of her neck. She went and felt gills. She ran and submerged herself in the water. She looked and saw her fingers and toes were now webbed together. She saw that Harry had looked the same.

She began to swim deeper and farther. She was glad to of known what she was looking for, but was not happy about who it was. If they took Ron and Hermione, her best guess that the took Draco as well. It was strange that he was called into Professor Dumbledore's office so late at night. She wished she would have thought of that before. Her brother was somewhere in the lake and she had an hour to rescue him. She held on tight to her wand as she got closer to the middle of the lake.