EIGHT

The next day was Saturday, which meant that Evelyn did not have to leave her comfortable bed. People had not acknowledged the fact that she too was a champion, which was perfect for Evelyn. Poor Harry had many fans and also many people who did not like him. All weekend Evelyn stayed in her dorm room. Thankfully, Hermione was nice enough to bring her food.

Monday soon came along which meant Evelyn had to get up. She wore her uniform and braided her hair the same way she always had. She went down the the great hall, and was stared at. After breakfast she headed to Herbology. Professor Sprout, a teacher who usually enjoyed Evelyn, was not as kind to her or Harry.

When double potions finally came around she could not wait to work on her Antidote. She hoped to finish before the halfway mark of the period, that away she could start on something new. As she was walking to the dungeon, she saw her brother and Harry. As she walked over she heard Draco speak.

"Want one Granger? I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I just washed it you see; don't want a Mudblood sliming it up." Evelyn got closer and hit her brother. "Ow! Oh Evie, here take one, look what it does for you." The buttons that originally said POTTER STINKS changed to say EVIE FOR THE WIN. Pansy looked disgusted at the fact her button cheered on Evelyn.

Evelyn watched as Harry then pulled his wand out. Draco taunted him and then they began to duel. Snape walked over and asked what had happened. Suddenly someone yelled. "Malfoy got Hermione!" Evelyn turned to see Ron make a comment on how large Hermione's teeth had been made.

"I see no difference." Snape said. Hermione ran away before Evelyn scowled at her brother and ran after her. When Evelyn caught up to her Hermione was crying.

"I'm sorry." She said lightly while hugging the crying girl.

"No don't apologize. It wasn't you. Will you take me to the hospital wing?" Evelyn nodded and the two girls walked together.

Evelyn walked Hermione to the Hospital Wing and sat with her until a girl in their year walked in. She had shoulder length, wavy brown hair, brown eyes, and wore Ravenclaw robes. She walked up to the two girls.

"Evelyn Malfoy?" She asked the platinum blond girl. The girl nodded. "I've been asked to take you to the other champions." Evelyn turned to Hermione.

"I'll be fine. See you later." Hermione told her. Evelyn walked out with the girl.

"It's an honor to meet you. I'm Jasmine Fuentes, 4th year Ravenclaw. And a Halfblood. I've heard so many things about you. I heard that you're a seer and that you draw what you see and that you don't talk that often. I tend to talk a lot and sometimes people find it annoying but sometimes... Am I talking too much?" Evelyn giggled and shook her head no. She was intrigued by the girl. She had recognized her from divination and astronomy.

"I've never met someone who didn't talk but it doesn't matter. I've seen you, you don't need to use your words to express yourself. Your facial expressions perfectly tell people what your saying. Anyways this is where you're wanted. It was amazing meeting you." The girl said. Evelyn nodded as to say you too. She walked in and saw the other four champions. They were being forced to take photos. They were in the middle of the group photo when a crazy lady walked in.

   Her name was Rita Skeeter and she wrote for the daily prophet. She took Harry with her to interview, leaving Evelyn alone with the three rightful champions. Evelyn found a corner in the room that they were in and began to draw until someone tapped her shoulder.

"Evelyn Malfoy. Just who I wanted to see. Follow me please." Rita said. Evelyn reluctantly followed her into the broom closet.

"So, Evelyn, my readers and I are dying to know how you entered. Oh and don't mind the quill, it helps me get information faster." She said pointing to a quill that was writing as she spoke. "Now,tell me, what made you enter? Was it the fact that you were seen as an outcast in your family so you needed to prove you had some Slytherin in you?" She waited for Evelyn's answer. "Wait a second, you're the twin who doesn't talk. Well then. I'll make sure that I get all your answers as correct as possible." she threatened. Evelyn stood up.

"If you try and tarnish the Malfoy name my father will make you pay. You do not want to make an enemy out of a Malfoy." Evelyn couldn't believe what had came over her. She was so angry at the fact the woman had threatened her and her family name. Sure she hated her family with a passion, but nobody messes with a Malfoy.

"O-okay. I'll write that you're a quite girl who didn't enter her name and is nervous for the tournament but is going to try her hardest to represent her family. Is that fine?"

"Yes. Now I will be going." Evelyn walked back into the room and saw that they were about to begin the wand weighing. They started with Fleur, then Cedric, then Viktor, then Harry, and finally Evelyn. She walked up to Mr. Ollivander and presented her wand.

 Ollivander and presented her wand

"Ah, another one of mine. Let's see...10 3/4 inches...Pear... Phoenix feather core... Quite bendy. This wand seems to know more about you than you know about yourself. Keep it close Ms. Malfoy. Orchidius!" He cast the same spell that he did with Fleur and flowers grew from the tip of her wand.

"Thank you all," Professor Dumbledore began. "You may now return to your lessons, or perhaps it may be easier to head down to dinner as they are about to end." Evelyn nodded and headed out. She planned on going straight to the hospital wing to check on Hermione when she heard someone yell her name.

"Evelyn!" She turned and saw Jasmine Fuentes and another girl she didn't know. Evelyn stopped and waited for the girls. "Hi again. I saw you walking alone and remembered your friend was in the hospital wing so I was wondering if you wanted to sit with us!" She said happily.

"Hi, I'm Diane Envy." Jasmine's friend said. Evelyn saw she wore Gryffindor robes. She had long curly black hair that turned red at the bottom. Her eyes were peculiarly dark. The girls face and features seemed perfect and it intrigued Evelyn. She had never met someone like her. She shook the girl's hand and walked with them to the Ravenclaw table.

   Everyone at the table stared at Evelyn, and some gave dirty looks. Evelyn just sunk in her seat and tried to hide her face.

"Don't mind them, Evelyn. They're just being jerks!" Jasmine said loud enough for the table to hear. They stopped staring but took glances and talked about Evelyn.

"So, what's it like to be a champion?" Diane asked. Evelyn shrugged her shoulders. She wanted to say that it was the worst thing possible to happen to anyone like her, but instead quietly spoke other words.

"It's okay, I guess. I didn't really want to do it."

"Wait, you didn't enter?" The girl asked. Evelyn shook her head no.

"I had a feeling. You don't seem like a person who would."

"Oh no you had an interview with Rita Skeeter didn't you. Oh she's going to eat you alive. She's going to say awful things like how you did it to show how bad you truly are because your a Malfoy. She going to try and make it seem like the sorting hat was all wrong and then they could demand you put it back on and force you into Slytherin with your twin and..."

"Jasmine! Don't freak the girl out."

"You're right, they probably won't make you change houses." Evelyn nodded and thought, nodding her head every once and a while. What if they did make her go into Slytherin? Nonsense, she thought. Her father had already tried that and the sorting hat still said Gryffindor. She calmed herself down and returned to the conversation.