FIFTEEN

The castle had calmed down since the ball,and everyone was enjoying themselves and trying to finish their homework that was assigned over break. Evelyn knew that even though February seemed far, it was too close for comfort. She tried to figure out some way to crack the egg, but couldn't.

   Finally one day she sat down and began scribbling. Nothing that she drew helped towards the egg. She just drew places in the castle she enjoyed. She thought maybe if she could just draw a clue everything would come together. Scribbling randomly was not helping so she decided to try a different approach. She sat on the floor with the quill Harry gave her and the sketch book from Draco. She closed her eyes and breathed. It was late at night so it would be her and her egg only.

"Evelyn?" She turned her head and saw Harry.

"Oh, uh... Hi Harry."

"What are you doing?"

"Well I'm thinking maybe if I sit and concentrate I'll draw a clue."

"How long have you been sitting here?"

"About an hour. I've tried everything! I just can't draw a clue!" Evelyn released her frustration.

"I'm sure you'll get it. Just let it come to you naturally." Harry said sitting next to her.

"How far are you at figuring it out?"

"I'm as far as you are. Why don't we do something fun tomorrow, instead of trying to figure the egg out?"

"What do you want to do?" Evelyn asked him, closing her sketchbook.

"Well there's a trip to Hogsmeade tomorrow. We can go and hang out there together."

"Sure. I'd like that."

"Well I'm heading up to bed. Goodnight Evelyn."

"Goodnight Harry." Evelyn sat for a bit longer before heading up to her dormitory. She put her stuff in her trunk and quietly slipped into her bed.

   The next morning she woke up before everyone else and got ready. Evelyn didn't know why she felt the need to make sure she looked good. She was only going with a friend. Her feelings towards Harry has been jumbled since they danced at the Yule Ball. She didn't know what to feel anymore. She wore a grey knitted sweater, jeans, brown boots, her ring, and a light beige colored coat.

   She grabbed her wand and headed down stairs to wait for Harry

   She grabbed her wand and headed down stairs to wait for Harry. When he came down the headed down to Hogsmeade. Once they got there, they went to The Three Broomsticks and got butterbeer.

"You know, I don't think that I've ever seen you wear pants before." Harry told her.

"I wasn't allowed to wear pants until I was 11." She told him in a joking manner.

"Why?"

"My mum wanted me to look nice, and jeans did not fit her definition of nice. Just like how she didn't let me learn how to fly on a broom. It's sort of a control thing, I think."

"Your mum sounds strict."

"She is. She's just preparing me for my inevitable future."

"What does that future consist of?" Harry asked.

"I'll be unhappily married to a pureblood boy that I share a distant relative with."

"You'll be unhappily married?"

"Well, when you're forced to marry someone, I would assume it wouldn't be a happy relationship."

"Forced to marry?"

"To carry on the blood line. That's what I'll be forced to do unless my father decides to disown me. What a joy that would be." They had finished their butterbeers and walked out.

"You want to be disowned? But that's your family... That's your parents!"

"Harry you of all people should know what it's like to have family like that. My father hates me, my mother pities me, and Draco is my twin. He's kinda forced to love me. I'm his other half. If we weren't twins I'd be dead to him as well."

"I'm sorry that you've lived like that Eve. I know how it feels to be unloved." He said sadly.

"I'm sorry for you too. The muggles you live with seem horrible."

"They're awful." The two continued talking to each other about their awful home lives and bonded even more. Evelyn finally felt like someone understood her, and wasn't just feeling sorry for her. Harry felt the same way.

Here's an extra special update because yesterday was Tom Felton's birthday! I literally love Tom Felton so much and I totally forgot to post a chapter yesterday so here's a double update. I'm also going to try to make the chapters longer now.