FOUR

September 1st had finally arrived. Evelyn and her brother stood on the same platform they did every year.

"Now remember," their father began.

"We are Malfoy's, superior to others. It's our duty to show the mudbloods who's in charge." Draco recited.

"Excellent."

"Goodbye Draco. Goodbye Evelyn." Their mother said, kissing their foreheads. The twins walked onto the train and separated. Evelyn checked compartments until she found Neville sitting in one with Ginny Weasley.

"Evelyn!" Neville yelled and got up. The girl went straight towards her best friend and hugged him. She then turned to Ginny and hugged her.

"How was your summer?" Neville asked her.

"Not great. How was your's?" She spoke quietly in a soft tone.

"It was pretty nice. Gran missed me. I just wish I could've gone to the World Cup."

"You wouldn't have wanted to. Death eaters showed. It was awful to see the innocent tortured like that." Evelyn flinched at the mention of the death eaters, knowing that her father had been among them. Once Ginny dropped the subject the three talked until they arrived at Hogsmeade station. They all grabbed their items and headed to a carriage. Ginny and Neville headed towards a carriage holding the golden trio. She tapped Ginny and motioned over to her brother.

"Are you sure?" She nodded. "Okay. I'll see you soon." Evelyn walked over to her brother and he helped her in the carriage. Along with him sat Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson.

"What's she doing here?" Pansy asked, motioning to Evelyn.

"She's my sister."

"She's a filthy Gryffindor."

"Because of Dumbledore. She should have been with us. Right Evelyn." Evelyn nodded, knowing it would be best to play along. She would not enjoy Slytherin. The students she knew personally were awful. Plus, green was never really her color. Seeing it throughout her house made her sick of it. She enjoyed the warm feel of Gryffindor way too much to give it up.

   The ride to the castle was awkward to say the least. Evelyn knew she should have sucked it up and sat with Ginny. Pansy keep moving in on her brother while Crabbe and Goyle acted stupider than ever. Then in the corner, her brother's mysterious friend, Noah Ainsworth sulked. She had never heard the boy speak, so he was her favorite of Draco's friends. Draco could tell that his sister was uncomfortable. He's always been able to read her emotions and vise versa.

   When Hogwarts came into view, Evelyn couldn't wait to get out of the carriage and back to her friends. She couldn't wait to tell them about the TriWizard  Tournament, a subject that had totally spaced her mind the whole train ride. Her father had told her and her brother about the tournament when he learned about it from the ministry.

   When she finally sat down at Gryffindor table, she jotted down a note about the special event and passed it to Ginny before Dumbledore started speaking. She had brought her sketch book and quill with her to the table to draw during the duller parts of the night.

"That sounds amazing. How did you know about it?"

'My dad has good connections within the ministry so they told him.'

"My dad knew too, but he refused to say anything. Wait a second. My brother Charlie said he would see us soon. He's coming down for something in the tournament."

Dumbledore then began his speech. As the first years were being sorted, Evelyn had a strange urge to sketch something. She opened the book and drew away. Ginny and Neville looked confused at her concentration. She caught the attention of many fourth year Gryffindors that were near her.