TWENTY

May had finally come, meaning the start of the summer term. Easter had been delightful for the four, except for Hermione, as she had received a very small egg from Mrs. Weasley. It was made known that Ron's mother read Witch Weekly. Percy Weasley had also owled Ron back, but they still had no leads. At the end of transfiguration one day, Professor McGonagall held the two Gryffindor Champions back.

"You two are to go down to the quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock. Mr. Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third task."

   That night the two headed down to the quidditch field, and met up with Cedric on the way.

"What d'you two reckon it's going to be? Fleur keeps going on about underground tunnels; she reckons we've got to find treasure."

Before either of them could answer they had reached the quidditch field that has been turned into a maze. Ludo Bagman explained that for their third task they would have to enter the maze and find their way to the middle, all while facing many obstacles. Evelyn was waiting for Harry when he walked up to her.

"Viktor asked to talk to me. I'll see you tomorrow morning at breakfast, ok?"

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." With that she watched Harry walk away.

   As she walked back to the castle, she had an unsettling feeling. She didn't know why, but she felt as if Harry was in danger. She brushed it off, and entered her common room. She went straight to her dorm, changed into her pajamas, and got in bed. She fell asleep quickly, not realizing that she had missed something very important.

Early the next morning, Hermione woke Evelyn up. She filled her in on what had happened the night before as they got dressed. The two met Ron and Harry in the common room before heading up to the owlery. The topic of discussion had been Mr. Crouch and how he was now dead.

"It comes down to this,"Hermione began, "Either Mr. Crouch attacked Viktor, or somebody else attacked them both."

"It must've been Crouch." Ron said before explaining his, in Evelyn's opinion, stupid theory. Harry countered his argument saying that Crouch was too weak to disapparate.

"You can't disapparate on Hogwarts grounds. Haven't I told you enough times?" asked an annoyed Hermione. Ron brought up another stupid idea and was shot down by Hermione.

"Go through it again Harry. What did Mr. Crouch actually say?" Evelyn asked.

"I've told you, he wasn't making much sense. He said he wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned Bertha Jorkins, and he seemed to think she was dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault. He mentioned his son, too."

"Well, that was his fault." Said Hermione.

"He was out of his mind. Half the time he seemed to think his wife and son were alive, and he kept talking to Percy about work and giving him instructions."

"What did he say about You-Know-Who, again?" Evelyn asked.

"He said he's getting stronger." Evelyn shook her head. The thought of the dark lord coming back was a thought she didn't want to have.

"But he was out of his mind, like you said, so half of it was probably just raving..." Ron began.

"He was sanest when talking about Voldemort. He was having real trouble stringing two words together, but that was when he seemed to know where he was, and know what he wanted to do. He just kept saying he had to see Dumbledore."

Harry went on to bitterly mock Snape for holding him up last night. Ron brought up another fantastic idea of Snape turning into a bat. The Maurarders map was brought up as well before their heard voices coming up the stairs. Suddenly the door opened to reveal Fred and George.

"What're you doing here?" Ron and Fred asked at the same time.

"Sending a letter." Harry and George said in unison.

"What at this time?" Hermione and Fred asked.

"Fine, we won't ask what you're doing, if you don't ask us." Fred said.

"Well don't let us hold you up."

"Who're you blackmailing?" Ron asked.

"Don't be stupid. I was only joking." George told his little brother.

"Didn't sound like that."

"I've told you before, Ron, keep your nose out if you like the shape of it. Can't see why you would, but..."

"It's my business if you're blackmailing someone. George is right, you could end up in serious trouble for that." Ron said.

"Told you, I was joking. You're starting to sound a bit like our dear older brother, you are, Ron. Carry on like this and you'll be made a prefect."

"No, I won't."

"Well, stop telling people what to do then. See you later." George said before he and Fred left the owlery. They finally left and headed to their classes. After History of Magic, they all hurried to Professor Moody's class.

"Hello, Potter. Come in here." They all walked in. Evelyn felt uncomfortable, as she normally did in this class.

"Did you find Mr.Crouch?" Harry asked.

"No." He told Harry.

"Did you use the map?" The professor went on to explain that he did and there was no luck. Ron brought up his disapparating theory only to be shot down quickly after. They came up with a few theories.

"Now, Dumbledore's told me you three fancy yourselves as investigators with Malfoy on her way to becoming one as well. There's nothing you can do for Crouch. The Ministry'll be looking for him now, Dumbledore's notified them. Potter, Malfoy, just keep your minds on the third task."

"What? Oh, yeah..." Harry said. Evelyn just nodded.

Moody brought up their first year and how the trio had got through all the obstacles from the sorcery stone. He mentioned Evelyn and her drawings of it. He told Hermione and Ron to help the two practice for the third task. They walked out, but not before heading Moody remind them about constant vigilance.

Hey guys, I'm so so so sorry that I haven't updated in a bit, but I have good news. There are only 4 more chapters until we reach the 5th book! I can't wait to begin the newest chapter in Evelyn's story. But that's not all. I have now published my first ever Percy Jackson story, Claimed! It's book one of The Claimed Series. Sadly it will be a wattpad only story for now. I will eventually put it on quotev, but for now I'm getting used to writing the story and dealing with new characters. Thanks for supporting and please read my new story!

~Kenzie