NINE

It was a week until the first task, and Evelyn had no clue what to do. She had already figured out what the challenge was; Dragons. She remember while drawing in her sketch book that she had drawn Harry fighting a Dragon.

When she figured out she raced out of her dorm to the common room and found Harry alone. The only strange part about it was that he was speaking to someone, but no one else was there. Evelyn quietly got closer and figured out where the voice had came from. The familiar face of Sirius Black was in the fire.

"Harry?" She quietly asked. He turned around shocked when he saw her.

"Evelyn, what are you..."

"Is that Sirius Black in the fire?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Really Harry, I'm not going to try and get you in trouble. I came to tell you what the first task is." He turned and saw Sirius still there.

"What is it?"

"Dragons. We're fighting dragons."

"Harry this is worse than I expected. Someone in Hogwarts is after you and I have suspects. And who is this girl?" Sirius responded.

"It's Evelyn Malfoy, she's a friend of mine." Evelyn smiled hearing Harry thought of her as a friend. At the beginning of the year she had two friends. It was nice to have more.

"Well then Evelyn, you might want to hear this too. Karkaroff, he was a Death Eater. You both should know what that is." Evelyn felt as though it was directed more towards her. Her father was well known for being a Death Eater but made sure not to be put in Azkaban.

"He- what!"

"The ministry set him free after a deal he made. He said he had seen the error of his ways, and that he would give the names of other followers for his freedom. But nobody stops being a Death Eater."

"So you think that Karkaroff is the one after us?"

"When Moody was attacked it must have been someone trying to stop him from coming to Hogwarts. If you've noticed the Death Eaters have been very active. They're planning something and it doesn't look good. Watch your backs."

"Okay."

"And about the dragons, do not try stunning spells, they won't work. There is a spell though that will work, it's..." Footsteps were heard on the stairs.

"Go before someone sees you!" Harry told Sirius. Evelyn's eyes were peered on the stairs when Ron Weasley appeared.

"Who were you talking to?" Ron asked.

"Evelyn, but it's none of your business. What are you doing down here?" Evelyn could see the obvious tension between the boys.

"I went to see where you... Never mind I'm going back to bed."

"Thought you'd be nosy huh?"

"Sorry. Didn't realize you didn't want to be disturbed. I'll leave you two to practice for your next interviews." Harry was so mad that he grabbed one of the badges that said POTTER STINKS and threw it at Ron. The badge hit him on the forehead and bounced off.

"Something for you to wear on Tuesday. Maybe it'll give you a scar, isn't that what you want?" Evelyn watched Harry get up and storm past Ron before stopping. "Goodnight Evelyn." He continued up the stairs. Evelyn got up and pushed past Ron, who stayed in one spot.

The next morning Evelyn decided that she needed to do something to prepare herself. Her best subject was potions, but there would be no way that she could use that during the challenge. She decided to go find Hermione and ask for her advice.