SEVEN

Evelyn tried to avoid Harry's celebration as she walked towards the stairs to the girl's dormitories. Everyone applauded Harry for getting his name in, but never once noticed the small, platinum blonde haired girl. She didn't mind, though. She preferred to be ignored. Once in her shared room she changed into her Pajamas and climbed in her comfy four poster bed. Somehow it was comfier than her bed at home, that easily cost way more money than the one she was in.

Her bed at home was imported from France, as well as the silk sheets on it. Her bed at Hogwarts though, was a nice and simple. Maybe it was the fact that it was simple. She had always had such extravagant things that she enjoyed the little and simple things more. She was used to spending lots of money for the things she wanted, but was not used to getting things for low prices. Her family wanted to make sure they were the best. They always had to look nice, had to have expensive and fancy meals, and always looked down on those lower than them in society.

   She couldn't help but hate the way her family acted. They were always prissy and thought they looked as though they were they seem, Evelyn was definitely the black sheep of her family. These thoughts dwelled in her mind as she began to drift into a dream state, falling fast asleep.

When Evelyn woke up to see lavender and Pavarti sitting at the edge of the bed, she made a small noise that sounded like a squeal.

"So how'd you do it?" She gave a confused look.

"How'd you put your name in the goblet?" Lavender asked.

"She didn't put her name in, and if you had any respect you wouldn't sit there for an hour waiting for her to wake up!" Hermione said walking back in the dorm room. Evelyn got out of bed and walked past the two girls, towards her trunk. On top was her uniform that she had laid out the night before. She grabbed it and headed to the shared bathroom.

   She turned on the warm water on and hopped in the shower. As she washed her hair she thought of what would happen through out the day. Lavender and Pavarti wanted to know how she got her name in, which meant that everybody else would want to know the same thing. She stepped out of the shower and put her uniform on. She used her wand to braid her hair and walked out of the bathroom.

   Hermione was sitting on her bed with a book as Evelyn walked back and placed her pajamas in her trunk.

"Want to head to breakfast Evelyn?" Evelyn nodded. She grabbed her bag and placed her wand, potions book, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them because they had Care of Magical creatures with Hagrid today.

   Hagrid had been skeptical of Evelyn in the beginning but she soon gained his friendship. During their third year Evelyn tried her best to convince her brother not to tell their father about the hippogriff incident and she tried to speak on Hagrid's behalf during the trial. Nothing she did worked, sadly, but Hagrid informed Evelyn that BuckBeak was safe.

   Just walking through the hallways with Hermione had Evelyn looking at all the eyes on her. When the two girls entered the great hall, everyone turned their focus to Evelyn. Her head fell down as she quickly walked towards Neville.

"Evelyn, there you are. What happened last night?" He asked as she sat down.

"Did you put your name in?" Ginny asked. Evelyn shook her head no.

"Someone's after her and Harry." Hermione said piping in.

"How do you know that?" Evelyn pulled out the drawing of the man putting her name in.

"That's who put her and Harry's names in."

"How do we figure out who..." Ginny began but was cut off.

"Evelyn. We need to talk." Evelyn turned to see her twin brother.

"She's speaking with us, Malfoy." Ginny said.

"Well, she can wait to speak with blood traitors and a mudblood. Come on Evelyn." Evelyn stood up and smacked his arm. "What was that for!" She pointed at him and then to her friends.

"Apologize." Was all she said.

"No." She smacked him again.

"Fine! Sorry. Now let's go." Evelyn grabbed onto Draco's arm and roughly led him out of the great hall.

"Did Malfoy actually apologize to us?" Neville asked.

"Evelyn can have a big influence on him." Hermione said.

"Yeah, no kidding." Ginny said laughing.

   Evelyn dragged her brother into an empty broom closet.

"How'd you get your name in?" Draco asked.

"I didn't put my name in."

"Don't lie to me. How'd you do it and why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm not lying, I didn't put my name in."

"I can't believe you! I'm your brother! Just tell me the truth, I won't spill."

"God, Draco, sometimes you're an idiot. I didn't enter my name in the tournament. You of all people should know that I would never do anything like that. I'll see you in potions." She said bumping him as she walked out. Evelyn couldn't understand how her brother couldn't believe her.

   Draco stood dumbfounded in the broom closet. Had his sister been telling the truth? He had always known her to be different from the rest of family, but he had thought that she had finally proven to be a true Malfoy. Of course she hadn't put her name in, he thought. Only a Slytherin would, and Evelyn was no Slytherin.

   Evelyn walked into potions, and sat in her normal seat near Neville. She turned seeing her brother walk in, but just ignored his existence and began working on her potion. After the period she headed outside to take a walk around the grounds.

A lot of her time was spent outside walking around. She would sit near trees and draw, look around, and think. She thought the best when she was alone and in nature. Her thoughts often consumed of why she didn't fit in, or how she didn't belong.

Today her thoughts were about the tournament, and how she desperately wished to drop out. Evelyn was never one to stand out, she preferred to be in the shadows. It was easier for her to stand behind someone because she was so used to it. Draco was easily recognized as the favorite, which left Evelyn in his shadow.

"Hi." She looked up and saw Harry standing near her. "Do you mind if I sit here with you?" She shook her head and patted the ground. He sat down and looked around. "It's quite peaceful here." Evelyn nodded before grabbing her sketch book. She grabbed her quill and began to draw Harry. "What are you doing?" He asked her. She replied by showing him the drawing of him. "That's amazing." They sat there together until Evelyn remembered something.

"Class." She said standing up and putting her sketch book and quill in her bag. They walked down to Hagrid's hut and were not late considering how much time they spent sitting and thinking.