7. Happy

~C A T H E R I N E~
"Jack let's go get snacks." I whined. Jack and I were pretty faded. "Fine." I got up. "And can we go to the beach? I think I have my camera in my car, I wanna take pictures." Jack smiled, "Sure. I love when you take pictures cause you're a whole different person." I chuckled. "Well I do love photography." When we got to my car, I grabbed my camera from the trunk. I handed it to Jack, he immediately looked at the previous pictures. I connected my music and played, 'Bonfire by The Hunna.' Love that song.
Halfway through our drive, Jack started laughing. "Look at us! At our eight grade dance!" I stopped at a red light. "Let me see!" I grabbed the camera and it was Jack and I hugging. "You haven't changed Jack. You're still ugly." I laughed, "Fuck you." He took the camera away. We arrived at the store. Jack walked in front of me, "What a coincidence, the Fuentes brothers." Jack said. I don't know why, but the thought of Mike, made me feel this weird feeling in my stomach. I felt happy to see him? I soon found myself smiling. Vic and Mike had chips and sodas. "Hey guys." I said to both of them. "Hey Cat." Mike said as he smiled. "So where are you guys headed?" I asked. "We were going to chill with Tone and Jaime." Mike said. "You guys wanna come with us at the beach? We're just gonna chill." I suggested. Vic looked at Mike and smiled, "Sure, can I invite the rest of the guys?" Mike asked. "Yeah of course."
~~~~~~~
Mike and I were walking as the rest of the group were behind. "So you really love photography?" Mike asked. "Yeah, I've been loving it since sixth grade." I said. Mike looked at the waves, I took the chance, *click* I looked at the image, "Perfect." "Did you just take a picture of me!?" Mike asked. I nodded, "Yeah look!" I handed Mike the camera, "This picture is beautiful, Catherine." I blushed, "Thanks, Mike."
The sunset caught my attention, realizing that the time flew.It felt like every time I'm with Mike, time stops as everything around us continues to keep going. I smiled. *click* The sound from the camera brought me back to reality. Realizing that Mike took a picture of me. "No Mike." I said as I blushed. I love taking pictures, but I hate getting my picture taken. "Just look at it." Mike said, handing me the camera. The image was focused on me as the background was blurry, I loved it.
"It's beautiful Mike."
"Just like you."