36. FallingForYou

V I C
I opened the door to Jack's room. Catherine wasn't here. Maybe she's running late. I took off my jacket. "Hey." A small voice came from behind. I turned around, "Hey Cat." I hugged her. "Sorry I'm late. I bought some breakfast for us." She smiled. "Thanks you didn't have to."
"It was my way of thanking you. You've been there for me." I smiled. "Well it was my pleasure." Catherine looked down and played with her wrist. "How's Mike?" She gulped. I sighed. "He's never home. He's always with Rylie or that's what he says" "What do you mean?" "Last time Rylie came and asked where was Mike. He didn't answer none of his calls or texts. He didn't came till the next day. But he was drunk." Catherine looked up, "I miss him." She whispered. My heart broke a little knowing she still likes my brother. Quiet sobs came from Catherine. "I'm tired Vic. I thought what Mike and I had was love. But it wasn't. What if no one ever loves me? When is someone going to look at me like I'm the most beautiful thing they've ever seen? Then I look at myself in the mirror. And I just cry. I don't like what I see. I'm so ugly and disgusting. No wonder Mike cheated on me."
"No. Catherine. Don't say that. Please. Mike is an idiot for cheating on you. He doesn't realize what he lost. And you're not ugly, you're beautiful."
I leaned in and kissed her.
I'm kissing my brother's ex.
"Cath-" Someone interrupted us. We separated from each other. Standing at the door was Mike.