16. Love?

~C A T H E R I N E~
"Bye Cat."
"Bye Mike!"
We said our goodbyes as I dropped him off at his house. I immediately called Jack.
"Hello?" A sleepy Jack asked.
"Are you at your house?"
"Yeah why?"
"Okay roll up some blunts, I'm on my way. I need to talk to you."
I clicked and rushed over his house. Maybe Jack will help me get over this weird feeling towards Mike.

"Would you like to explain what's going on with you?" Jack asked as I sneaked in through his window, not wanting to wake up his parents. "It's about Mike." A smile crept on Jack's face. "Let's head to the roof." We climbed up the roof. I love it up here. "So tell me, best friend." I smiled. "Okay every time, I see Mike I get this weird feeling in my stomach. Like it feels like I'm going to-"
"That's butterflies."
"Butterwhat?" Jack chuckled. "Butterflies. It's a metaphor, I think." Jack lit up the blunt. "Before Chloe and I broke up, i use to get butterflies all the time. When you get butterflies, you like that person. It takes time, but before you know it, you're in love with the person. You just want to be with that person. It's love."
"Love? Jack. I've never fallen in love with no one. I don't even know what love is!" I said as I smoked out of the blunt. "Catherine. Give Mike a chance. I could see it in his eyes that he likes you too." I repeatedly shook my head no. "Jack i haven't gone out with anyone since freshmen year." I mumbled. "That's like 3 years ago, look invite Mike over your house to watch a movie and if you like every minute of it then voila! You like him."
Ugh. Stupid feelings.