34. Circles

V I C
I was headed upstairs with a bowl of cereal when I heard a soft knock. I was concerned because I wasn't expecting no one. I shook it off and opened the door. It was Catherine. It seemed like she's been crying. I set my bowl down, "Catherine!? What's wrong!?" I reached to her, her hand was freezing cold. "Come inside." She slowly walked inside. I've never seen her like this. She's so skinny. It worried me. I lead her to the kitchen. "When was the last time you've eaten?" Catherine stared at me, blankly, and shrugged.
"I don't know." She whispered. "I'm not hungry, I just need someone to talk to." "Oh okay."
She played with her wrist and looked down, "It's Jack, he's in the hospital." She looked up, her eyes filled with tears. I hugged her. "I don't know any more. I can lose fucking everything, but I can't fuckin lose him. I can't." Catherine cried into my shoulder. "Shh... Darling don't cry." I caressed her hair. I picked up Catherine and carried her into my room. "Vic. I should go-"
"No. You need some rest." I sat on my bed and laid Catherine on my lap. I continued to caress her hair. "Listen. Do you hear my heart beat thump over the monitors? You pretend to close your eyes. Don't breathe in..." I continue to sing. Eventually, Catherine's sobs turned into quiet snores. She looked adorable. Mike you idiot.