37. Tears for a Million Years

M I K E
I ran. I ran as far as my legs took me. I stopped to catch my breathe. There's was a lump in my throat. Small tears fell down the my cheeks. I quickly wiped them away. Don't cry. Don't cry- I looked at where I was. At the old railroad. The tightening sensation gripped in my throat. I fell to my knees and cried. Knowing that I can't turn back the time. Knowing that I hurt her. Knowing that my brother will treat her better than I ever did. I sat down and rest my face on my knees. I silently cried. Why did I cheat? If I love Catherine, why did I cheat on her? But I'm just a piece of shit. A few hours later I got up and started walking back to my house. When I opened the door, I hoped my brother wasn't here. The house was dark and silent. I sighed as I made my way up the stairs. I threw myself on my bed and turned on my tv. I looked to my side and wished Catherine was next to me. I grabbed one of my pillows and hugged it as I pretend it to be Catherine.
~FLASHBACK~
It was a rainy day and Catherine came to my house. "Mikey. Let's watch a movie!" She yelled of excitement. I chuckled at how cute she looked. "Fine. Which one do you want to see?" Catherine and I kneeled down to search for a movie. "This one, Mikey!" She pointed to, 'Dazed and Confused' "Good choice, babe." I took out the movie and set it on the DVD player. I carried Catherine to my bed and gently laid her down next to me. She cuddled against me as I played with her hair.
~END OF FLASHBACK~
I hugged the pillow as I slowly drifted off to sleep.