39. The Last Breathe

C A T H E R I N E
"Jack." I grabbed his hand. "You need to wake up. A lot of things happened." I sighed. "I don't know what to do. Vic kissed me. He makes me laugh, Jack. But I'm not happy. I love Mike and I'll always will. Even if he's happier with Rylie than he was with me." I observed Jack. His bruises were slowly fading. Beep. Beep. Beep. "Do you remember when we met? I hated you so much." I chuckled. "I would hate when you would try to make me laugh in class, but who knew you were going to be my best friend. You were the only person who cared for me. I love you-" Jack gripped on my hand, "I-I love y-you too." Jack took a deep breath.
Beeeeeep. "Nurse!" A group of nurses rushed inside. "Miss, you need to wait outside." The nurses were pushing me towards the door. "No! I need to stay. Please." "I'm sorry, you need to wait outside." They shut the door. I was standing in front of the door. Speechless. People stared at me, but I could care less. I slowly walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. Tears ran down my cheeks. "You can't die, Jack. Please you can't." All of our memories rushed through my head all at once. "Catherine! Oh I haven't seen you!" Jack giggled. "Jack I saw you at school!" Jack hugged Catherine. "Let's play! Come on. I got a new game."
......
"Jack how much longer till we stop walking?" Catherine whined.  "Just hold on. We're almost there." "Jack but I'm tired-" That was the first time Catherine saw their 'secret place.' She was amazed. Jack giggled at her reaction.
......
I wiped my tears and headed outside. I quietly sat down. A few seconds later, the doctor stood in front of me. "I'm sorry, but Mr. Barakat didn't make it."
My heart stopped. I felt empty. It's like someone officially yanked my happiness away from me. It felt like when we were kids. When Jack went away for spring break to visit his dad. But this time he won't be coming back.