35. Mistakes

M I K E
I pulled up my jeans as I was getting ready to leave Rylie's house. "Please. Stay." Rylie whined. "I have to go. Sorry." My phone's text tone went off. It was Vic, 'Hey bro can you bring me two double whoppers with fries and soda? Please? I'll pay you when you get home." I smirked, Jesus. He eats a lot for a little guy like him. "I'll text you later, babe." I pecked Rylie's lips. "Fine." Rylie crossed her arms. I left without looking back. I sighed as I got in my car. Oh how much I miss Catherine. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I really wanna fix things, but I don't think she even wants to look at me. I hurt her. And I regret it. If only I can travel back in time and change things. Make it right. I sighed as I looked at a picture of Catherine and I. If only...
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Vic I brought your food!" There was a really skinny girl in the kitchen serving herself ice cream. "Hi. Are you one of Vic's friends?" The girl didn't turn around. I stared at her. Her features seemed familiar. The girl slowly turned around. It was Catherine. I gulped. Did I cause this? Did I hurt her so bad that she stopped eating. "C-Catherine?" She looked down and played with her wrists. She had a hoodie on even though it was pretty hot. Catherine looked at me, she looked so different. I slowly walked up to her. I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her against me. I smiled. But she didn't. She stared at me with no expression. Tears started to form in my eyes. I really fucked up. "Ahem." I quickly turned around and Vic was standing in the middle of the kitchen. "Thanks Mike. For the food." Vic said as he grabbed the bag of food and drinks. "You wanna go upstairs Cat?" Vic asked. Catherine slowly nodded as she loosened herself from me. I followed every step she took until she was out of my sight. Tears came spilling down my cheeks from how much I hate myself. I love her. Only her.