Chapter 131: Directly Pressure People

Hearing that, the burning hot fire in Cheng Xiong’s heart roared even fiercer. Ordinarily, he indeed taught his daughter that way. As the vice-chairman of the Armament Guild, having some privileges was naturally only a matter of course, but those are to be spoken of privately. Certainly, it’s not for her to declare such a thing noisily in front of so many people!

“You!” Cheng Xiong seemed as if he was genuinely angry. He pointed to the personal guard by his side and said. “Go quiet the young lady, and have her leave the house less in the future. If she speaks another word, then have her go to the ancestral hall behind the mountain!”

It’s not known whether the personal guard’s words were finally relayed, but over where Cheng Cheng was, it at last became totally quiet.

Cheng Xiong breathed a long, long sigh of relief, and turned his head to face Uncle Zhang as he said. “This daughter of mine really is too outspoken, Uncle Zhang absolutely must not take it seriously.”

“Elder Cheng, I’ve already said just now, I am but a manager.” Uncle Zhang smiled and continued. “But our boss has a few more words that she wanted to send to Elder Cheng. As a person, it’s still better that we be a bit more subdued.”

The smile at the corners of Cheng Xiong’s mouth became stiff as he firmly clenched both hands. It’s the first time he’d been threatened by a little girl whose hair hadn’t even lengthened evenly. What’s even more abominable was that the little girl basically wasn’t even here and only had the words relayed, yet he couldn’t even make the slightest move against them.

Speaking of which, why would that girl view his fondest daughter with so much disfavor.

Could it be that Cheng Er truly committed an offense against her?

Cheng Xiong couldn’t figure it out, but only within a short hour of time, all of his efforts during the past few days had been transformed into froth and shadows.

Actually, the Cheng family hadn’t produced any remarkable armament masters during these recent years. On the surface, the Cheng family appeared as if it was the same as in the past, possessing an influential position in the world of armaments. In reality, only he knew that the current Cheng family already could no longer be mentioned on equal terms with the family they used to be.

And Profound Heavens momentum was just right. He looked for Profound Heavens precisely because he wanted to borrow their momentum and shake-up the Cheng family.

If Profound Heavens didn’t cooperate with them, the Cheng family’s future would be a difficult path to tread.

However, to have him bow his head to a little girl, he was still absolutely unwilling!

Uncle Zhang also perceived Cheng Xiong’s way of thinking. When they’d just started, the boss already didn’t approve of the collaboration with the Cheng family. It was because of his meddling. He felt that the Cheng brand had a long-established reputation and was absolutely influential in the world of armaments. So again and again, he made the proposal to the boss, asking her to consider it further.

Right now, it seemed that Cheng Xiong not only didn’t guide his own daughter well, even he, himself, also carried that kind of superiority complex that viewed everyone else to be inferior to himself.

This kind of person would not be able to amount to much in the business world.

Uncle Zhang took his hat and placed it on his head without saying a single additional word to Cheng Xiong. Just as he left the inn, there were people who chased after him.

“Uncle Zhang, please wait.” It was Helian Jiao Er. Compared to Cheng Cheng, she was much smarter. At the very least, even though in her heart, she looked down on these subordinates even more, she wouldn’t show it on her face. Her bashful smiling expression contained a trace of gentleness.