Chapter 183: Hei Ze And His Highness Faces Off

“You even have wine!” This time, Hei Ze’s eyes shone. “Hurry and bring it out, let’s drink!”

Wei Wei ‘mm hm’d once, and placed the things she brought in a row. Besides the stewed beef, there was also small ribs, neat and tidily arranged, both vegetables and meat, that were still steaming. Pouring out two cups of wine, they were truly living it up.

The young men naturally also smelled those fragrances, and regretted previously mocking Wei Wei. Even worse, when the wine and meat came, they could only swallow their saliva. Their faces were smiling, yet their hearts utterly envied Hei Ze. Within this environment he could still eat such food. One ought to know that after they entered Hidden Spirit Shrine, they’ll only be eating vegetarian food. Not to mention no more alcohol, they wouldn’t be given meat, either.

The young men tasted tea and cake, and whispered gossip. Unconsciously, their voices became louder and louder.

At a distance from them on the other side was Baili Jia Jue’s horse carriage. Eunuch Sun was worried that these loud comments would disturb His Highness’ rest. He brought his horsetail whisk and faced this side to smilingly say. “Gentlemen, His Highness will be leading the troops this afternoon and needs to rest. Will everyone please lower their voices.”

“Yes. Hehe. It’s a good thing Eunuch Sun reminded us. We were watching Hei Ze, that guy. Don’t know when he and that eldest daughter of the Helian family got along so well. We’re astonished, so we inevitably spoke a bit much.”

“Really? Such a good relationship?” An apathetic, deep and low voice transmitted over from the direction of the horse carriage.

Several young men lifted their heads and looked, to see Baili Jia Jua lean on the windowsill while propping up his chin, wearing the silver mask on his face. The corners of his mouth was slightly depressed. In the filtered sunlight through the shadows of leaves and branches, his form was quietly beautiful. Yet within the depths of his eyes, there wasn’t the slightest trace of a smiling expression.

“Third……Third Prince……I’m very embarrassed to have awaken you……”

“It doesn’t matter. It so happens that I was feeling bored and wanted to hear what you guys are talking about.” Baili Jia Jue calmly put down the cup in his hand, within his indifferent voice, there was a kind of indescribable feeling of oppression.

“Nothing. We just thought that it’s really rare to see Hei Ze the way he is today. The things Helian Wei Wei brought were indeed not few, sitting over there to dine together with Hei Ze.”

In front of Baili Jia Jue, these several young men naturally wouldn’t be as unrestrained as they were previously. They’re afraid Third Prince would mistakenly think that they purposefully talked behind people’s back and were unbridled themselves, so they immediately pointed towards a not so distant place. “Your Highness can see for yourself. Don’t those two people look like they get along quite well.”

Baili Jia Jue followed that person’s finger and looked over to see a picture of Wei Wei inclining to pour Hei Ze some wine. In passing, Hei Ze pinched a piece of pork spare ribs from her lunch box and put it into his mouth.

Baili Jia Jue’s dark colored pupils expanded in that split second, yet quieted down very quickly. That handsome face was as before, as calm as soft winds and floating clouds, appearing indifferent.

He seemed to not be very interested in the current conversation.

By comparison, those young men felt that they were too gossipy and smiled embarrassingly. “That person, Hei Ze had never been conventional. I reckon it’s Grandfather Hei pushing him too urgently, so he came up with an idea of his own. Speaking of which, he previously was very good towards Sister Qing Mei. Recently, he’s always rejecting that girl, and instead became closer to Helian Wei Wei. Is it possible that this time, he’s being serious?”