Chapter 180: Males and Females Traveling Together

“Set out!” Eunuch Sun held a horsetail whisk in his hand, stood at the very front of the imperial guards squadron with straight waist and back, and sharply yelled!

Every student felt very happy in their hearts. After all, ordinarily, there wasn’t many opportunities to leave the academy. Not only was the academy program filled with classes, asking for leave from the teachers was extremely difficult.

Something like today, where males and females went on an outing together, was something they shouldn’t even think about.

That’s why regardless of whether they were young girls from prestigious families or sons of nobility, they greatly looked forward to the trip to Hidden Spirit Temple this time.

Helian Jiao Er and the Liang family’s young lady smiled at each other, allowed their maids to support them in entering the carriage.

Yet when Wei Wei turned her body, she stopped in place. It wasn’t for any other reason, except the carriage that she wanted to sit in, had a wheel that had been messed with. One of the spokes was cut.

If this kind of wheel were to roll on mountain roads, it’d certainly be unstable. Add to that at night, the rugged mountain roads became more foggy, accidents could very easily happen.

Logically speaking, these carriages were all prepared by Retired Emperor, so this kind of situation shouldn’t have happened.

Yet clearly, this carriage that she wanted to ride in had a broken spoke. As intelligent as Wei Wei was, she didn’t believe that this could be a coincidence, but was instead, someone’s deliberate arrangement. After all, if a problem were to truly occur, even if the government officials investigated, at most, it’d be considered an accident.

It would seem that the enemy truly wished that she could die immediately!

Wei Wei stood up straight, her pair of eyes narrowed, and was going to have someone go ask if there’s another carriage.

Yet the little eunuch standing by her side flicked the horse whisk in his hand, and seemed to be anxious as he said. “Hurry up. If we delay the time Retired Emperor was to light the incense, it’d be a big offense!”

Wei Wei glanced at him with cold eyes. The little eunuch suddenly felt as if he was seen through and was startled. He recoiled and stepped back.

Wei Wei’s long, shapely eyebrows jumped. “A horse carriage like this, if something happened to the person sitting in it, whose responsibility would it be?”

“Miss Helian, you really like to joke, with Third Prince’s imperial guards present, how could something happen.” The little eunuch’s gaze circled all around and laughed ‘hehe’ before he continued. “Miss Helian should still hurry and get on.”

Wei Wei’s thin lips curved up. “Having me enter the carriage is possible, however there’s one thing, you and I should go in together.”

“This……” The little eunuch’s complexion paled as he took a step back. Originally, that horse carriage was in fact his handiwork. Having received people’s money to help them avoid calamities, this kind of thing was seen often in the palace, and was also often done.

Those imperial concubines’ schemes, I entrap you, you frame me, were too numerous to count.

At the time when he received money, he already felt that this method was very malicious. When that horse carriage entered the mountain roads, it could only encounter the night mists. Once the wheel slips, it’d dash against the overhanging cliffs and go down.

This could eliminate an enemy, with neither gods nor ghosts the wiser. At that time, the carriage would fall apart to pieces, no matter how furious Retired Emperor became, no matter how many people he sent to investigate, he still wouldn’t be able to find any clues whatsoever.